Artemis spaceship simulator night Friday 8/21 @8pm-4am

THE TIME HAS FINALLY CAME!!! It’s time for a ARTEMIS NIGHT!

For anyone not familiar with Artemis
Artemis is designed for anyone who watched Star Trek and dreamed of what it would be like to sit on the bridge of a star ship. Artemis simulates a spaceship bridge by networking several computers together. You cannot play Artemis single-player!

Dressing up is encouraged!
So bring your Uniform and let’s get down and play some Artemis.

You will need to bring a Windows computer to play!

If people have extra laptop’s please bring them out for others to use. (not a resource intensive game)

6 Likes

Robert,

Looks hilarious/fun from what I could see online! Very intriguing game concept. A couple of quick questions…will multiple teams at DMS be playing at same time and/or against each other? In other words, what if more than 6 people show up, and how does the ‘adversary’ functionality work?

1 Like

Oh man! Can’t make it but let’s schedule this again sometime soon! Love me some Artemis.

Robert,

THE TIME HAS FINALLY CAME!!! It’s time for a ARTEMIS NIGHT!

Excellent!

I just played my first 3 rounds last weekend and it was awesome, though I still am getting the hang of some of the stations and nuances. (I am hoping you can give some pointers)

After playing, I thought: “It would be cool to have this at DMS.” as I found it to be an addictive real-time co-operative multiplayer.

I have 2.10 on my laptop, but for some reason the update to 2.11 really hates on me, but it still worked as far as I could tell.

JAG “Weapons Officer - Homing Torpedoes Standing By” MAN

Just to get an idea of how many ships we need to setup. Will you reply to this thread if you are coming out as well as if you are dressing up

I’ll be there. Dressing up how? (I might could wear a flight suit, if I can get into it.)

Robert,

Will you reply to this thread if you are coming out as well as if you are dressing up

I plan to be there, but my Star Trek uniform is at the cleaners.

No wait, scratch that… I don’t own one because I like having girlfriends.

I will just dress a bit eccentrically - kind of like I usually do.

JAG “Helm - Set Course for Rodeo Drive” MAN

1 Like

I actually think @AlexRhodes and I will make it out but get there sort of late. Maybe around 11:00

I found a star trek shirt on Amazon I ordered in.

But really whatever you want to do I think it’s overall a pretty open event so be creative!

1 Like

I don’t have a girlfriend, so I’m safe. Good thing I settled that before geeking out!

I will be there with one guest.

I might just watch, but I may join. I would bring my red shirt but unfortunately it didn’t survive in the wash…

3 Likes

context is everything…

ROFL

Well if this is going to become a regular thing, perhaps our makers ought to start building props like these;

Overhead control panel for battlestation

Playing the role of devil’s advocate, I have only two words: ping pong.

Edit: to clarify, I meant in regard to having the props as a fixture in The Space, not to an individual wanting to build them.