Argon and C25 around 500 psi?

As of Sunday, it looked like both 6 packs were sitting around 500 PSI. And with just the multimatic set up for TIG, Atlas was seeing issues with what he believed was insufficient cover gas. Earlier in the weekend, on the dynasty, twice, we experienced what appeared to be a sudden loss of cover gas, and nobody observed any motion in the room to explain it. Wondering if maybe when the laser users are testing the argon, if with the lower tank pressure, the outdoor regulator is not keeping up enough to maintain flow rates to the Tig torches. Or do we have issues somewhere else in the plumbing or flow regulation?

The argon level was ok Monday when we checked it. The 75/25 we got a low alarm Sunday evening, the gas I think was supposed to come in today. It might not be a bad idea to flow test those regulators to see what they will support. Or at least check the specs.

3 Likes

They ran out during the metal shop mig demo Wednesday (Argon/CO2 mix?) and Randy cut a new tank in the pack. Might ask him exactly what he did.

It was dark, that’s my excuse.

Oz (in Dfw)

The C25 showed an unusually large drop last week then stabilized at 100psi for a few days, we ran out monday night and I opened half a bottle. Its still looks normal as of now so does not appear to be leaking.

We are on our last bottle of Argon in the six pack and have a spare argon bottle on the Dynasty. 500 psi split between 6 bottle is equivalent to a full bottle in the sixpack.

1 Like