Are you meaning to donate this?

Missing something?

That’s not how donations work.

What is wrong with you?

I’m not sure what you mean. Please, elaborate.

I suspect @SWA was remarking on your apparent lack of a sense of humor.

3 Likes

Just checked again, there’s no joke in this thread. Just a threat of larceny instead of a friendly “lost and found item” post.

Just go away. Your not even a member and accusing people of things. I guess i need to start placing things behind the firewall in order to keep the pests away.

2 Likes

Maybe you can explain how a lost and found tool can become a donation under DMS rules.

Also, it’s you’re.

Have a glass of whatever and quit being so
Literal. Life is too short.

3 Likes

I’ll take a stab at it:

He’s wondering why you couldn’t understand he was kidding and was really letting someone know they left their personally-owned tool laying around, unattended and possibly in the way.

You, of course, understood this as did everyone who read the OP, but were wondering why he didn’t just say that in the first place.

I’ll take a stab at it:

1. Someone brings in their personally-owned tool and leaves it behind, laying around, unattended and possibly in the way.
  2. Someone else posts “Are you meaning to donate this?” with a picture of tool in question.
  3. The person who left tool behind sees the post and responds "yeah, I’ll go ahead and donate it…if there is a chairperson of a committee willing to accept it as such, please contact me?

That would do it…right?

1 Like

That post might sound more like:

I found a Dremel oscillating tool unattended in the wood shop and put it away for safekeeping. If it’s yours please let @swa or @team_woodshop know and we’ll get it to you.

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

That is your LACK of a sense of humor, just like I said. You failed to see the obvious joke. That’s literally what a lack of a sense of humor is.

3 Likes

Instead of a monthly donation, You can just add on to your account. Just an idea.

1 Like

I’ll do it if he rescinds his membership and Talk account. Or I’ll get an account in my minor daughter’s name (she has been to DMS maybe twice in six years and can’t come alone anyway). In any case it’ll be the same number of dollars with zero impact on the space.

My membership is annual, which makes adding it harder I think. But I pay lots of things monthly with automatic payments and I’m quite certain I can figure it out.

Sound advice. You might want to reread it yourself.

Post locked.

6 Likes