Arduino project

Hi, I am working on a project and would like some guidance with the electronic pieces and coding with arduino. If anyone would be able to meet me at the makerspace that would be great.

3 Likes

I’ve taught around 75 microcontroller classes at DMS and other sites. Let’s start with a phone call. I’ll PM my number.

Brady Pamplin

4 Likes

You are in good hands with Brady.

Should you have any problems, feel free to post about them here and I will try to help remotely.

I would also like to see if I can find some Arduino help.

I have an UNO and picked up a Servo Control Board and PS2 Controller Interface board from The Robot Store, and need to know how to code the two libraries together to use the PS2 Controller to move the servos.

I’m actually planning to stop by tomorrow afternoon (10/14) to drop off some donations to the freebie shelf, if anybody would be around to talk F2F. (I’m not sure I can find where the boards went to before then, but I do know where my UNO is.)

David/Marty

Is this what you have?

Have you tried the sample test code provided under “Links?” That will verify you have it installed properly.

The Arduino servo library is pretty straightforward.

Interesting to note that they claim to support Guitar Hero controllers. I have some Xbox 360 Rock Band and Guitar Hero hardware from when my nephew was big into it. Any chance this interface will work with those?

I have the items shown here, plus a separate aftermarket PS2 wireless controller/receiver not shown.

I’m trying to find out if it is as simple as you’re saying it should be, and just needing a little in-person assistance confirming I’m not going to let out the magic smoke. While I’m not a total newbie, I’m still very much an amateur, and have been burned by people leaving out important steps they think are obvious.

Regards,
David/McFly