Arduino lab series?

We don’t have to sign up somewhere online prior to coming July 2nd at 3pm correct?

You don’t have to register, but there will be no way to notify you in case I have to cancel.

https://calendar.dallasmakerspace.org/events/view/2765

I visited Tanner mid-day. They had two more ARDX kits, so I scarfed them up; I now have a total of six. I can probably piece together several more by combining the kits I have raided for parts.

And in the evening, I paid a visit to MicroCenter to pick up some UNO clones. So I’ll have some of those you can buy if you still need them too.

I visited Tanner right after you walked out the door @Bill - they were able to find 3 more ARDX kits. I bought one, so there were two left late Saturday afternoon. $18 for a kit and an Arduino Uno, guys. Had a great conversation with the guys there. Definitely worth a visit if you haven’t been.

1 Like

Should I try to pick them up?

I guess the question is, do we need more?

• I still need a kit.
  • I have one or will not be needing one

0 voters

I went by Tanner this afternoon. They did not have any ARDX kits on the usual shelf. I did not ask whether they had any more.

I sold one bundle on Sunday; only two other people have expressed interest so I probably would not have bought them anyway.

Art turned over the 5 UNO clones from the Electronics Lab to me for use in the class.

1 Like

There may even more goodies in the electronics committee locker.

That is where the five UNOs were kept.

1 Like

I’m so lost. How much money should we bring or am I still going on a bear hunt

ARDX kits are $10
UNO clones are $9

I have five UNO clones belonging to the Electronics Committee that you may borrow for the class. You have to provide your own USB cable if you go this route. There may be some spares in the Interactive Classroom, but I cannot guarantee that.

I think I have an extra, I’ll check.

There may be the right kind of USB cables in the ELab. Check the roll around cabinet to the right of the Mouser sign and the bin(s) on the shelves next to said cabinet. Lower drawer marked w/ blue tape - thanks to chuck @dr_cee for sorting the cables.

I’ll be checking the donation - ahem - exchange shelf for USB cables and pwr cords. Folks in ELab seem to use a lot of these.

Lol all you guys are saying is foreign language. I’ve been trained to solder but never even designed a circuit. I’ll bring a $20 :laughing:

Is there Wifi at DMS?

1 Guest Wifi and 2 Members Wifi

Thanks! I haven’t signed up to be a DMS member but do I need to pay the membership fee to participate in public training, workshops, and classes? I still need to think about what type of commitment I plan to have with using DMS.

I see no membership requirement. If you click or the register for class and it let’s you, you’re good to go.

1 Like

Thanks to all who came to class. I hope you are now comfortable exploring the Arduino on your own.

Our next lab session will be about making something move with a servo. Is Sunday July 23 OK with everyone? I had originally thought the 16th, but there is a BOD meeting in the room that day.

If there is something you would like to explore in future sessions, please post your ideas here.

5 Likes

Sensors and bluetooth. Having more than one thing on it…like a servo and a light at the same time. Other inputs like buttons to trigger an action.

Thanks bunches for the class! I feel like I’m learning slowly but learning so much

1 Like

July 23rd sounds good to me! Thank you so much for doing these classes!

3 Likes