Arduino Basics class posted for Thurs Mar 3 @ 7pm

Hello,

I’ve posted an Ardunio Basics class for next Thursday March 3rd.
https://calendar.dallasmakerspace.org/events/view/17817

I kept the size small at 4 spaces so it could be truly hands on and work through the very basic exercises.

This introduction provides early Arduino experience to open the door to future projects. This is not a hardware focused class… we’ll be using a kit and everything is already hooked up. The exercises are focused on learning the software and gives examples of how easy it can be to use.

If there is additional interest I’ll refine and repeat the class as needed.
Cheers!
Jack

8 Likes

I am glad to see someone teaching that again.

As someone who had done it before, have them install the IDE before coming to class. We (the instructors) were not able to have it as standard equipment on DMS laptops at the time. That was part of the original motivation for having the computer lab.

I have not tried the cloud version of the IDE; perhaps it is less fussy?

install the IDE before coming to class

Good idea. I was thinking to provide a USB stick with the portable installation loaded (libraries included) … they could either run from USB or copy to their HDD. Thoughts?

Cheers,
Jack

I have not done either.

I seem to remember that the fussiest part of the installation is getting the IDE to recognize the port connected to the Arduino. Most of the time, it is easy but a few cases needed some fiddling.

If the machines in the computer lab have the IDE installed or if you can get permission to install it in advance, you can have things ready to go at the beginning of the class. You can optionally stay after to help those who have trouble using their laptops.