April 2021 What's Cooking?

My kiddo made a video game for school and I figured the best place to post it was here, since its a food game
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/479651497/fullscreen/
Use the arrow keys to catch the fresh food and don’t catch the rotten food.

9 Likes

And the bacon got smoked today after a 9 day cure, 24 hours in the fridge for the pellicle to form, and then in the smoker for 3 hours at 200-225. Cut a couple test slices from each after they solidified in the fridge. Amazing!

The sweet one is a perfect subtle sweetness that isn’t overpowering. The savory one is good and strong like I prefer it to be. I use it mainly in quiches and omelets, so the savoriness flavors the eggs perfectly. :fried_egg: :bacon: :woman_cook: It’s soooooooo good!

Now what to make first… :thinking:

7 Likes

My kid made some cupcakes with a depression era chocolate cake recipe and topped them with dalgona coffee. They were shockingly delicious!

8 Likes

Today is National Pineapple Upside-down Cake Day (April 20th - really).

I made a cake to celebrate. Cooked in a 12” cast iron skillet

8 Likes

Made mofongo with chorizo.

Fried the chorizo, then set it aside, added garlic, black pepper, olive oil and shallots to the chorizo grease, when soft I added some sofrito, then added the plantains. Mashed all of it together and then added the chorizo back in. Served it with a little bit of homemade pique hot sauce.

8 Likes

Breakfast this morning back out in Jacksboro consisting of cinnamon French toast made with Sara Lee Delightful 45 Honey Whole Wheat bread topped with fresh slices strawberries, pork sausage and scrambled eggs topped with a shredded Colby jack cheese blend.

4 Likes

Made a steak dinner for my friends birthday!

8 Likes

Sausage patty (burger style) with mushrooms and mozzarella on a grilled garlic bread (Aldi loven fresh Keto buns) and dressed with a pizzeria style marinara.

4 Likes

What’s for dinner?
Cinnamon French toast sandwich with sausage, loaded scrambled eggs and Gouda is!
Of course, the leftover scrambled eggs had to be served on the side, lol!

5 Likes

This thread makes me hungry. Here is a Bison ribeye from the other day.

7 Likes

One of the advantages of working from home is the ability to do a little multitasking. After starting the prep last night, I baked four loaves of sourdough today: one with za’atar seasoning (thanks to @childofthehorn for the inspiration), two regular sourdough, and one buttertop sandwich loaf. The latter is destined to become French toast, I believe.

3 Likes

@Team_Admin please unsticky to make way for the May 2021 thread.