Anyone Need Some Handheld Radios? 6x Motorola T5500

I know virtually nothing about them, except that they worked OK last time I tried them several years ago, and they are several years more than that old.

(Sorry for the crapé pics)

I meant to leave them at the space earlier today, but forgot them in the trunk of the car. If someone specific wants them, I’ll see what I can do to get them to you. If nobody specific wants them, I’ll probably leave them on the Exchange Shelf to see if anyone can use them who doesn’t TALK.

There are 6 x radios, 3x 2-bay charging stations and an owner’s manual.

2 Likes

They would be ideal for when we are working between 104 and 102.

Infrastructure would love to have them.

6 Likes

I"ll bring them to you, Stan. Hopefully, they’ll still work! When/where is good for you (probably Friday; my tomorrow is burnt already!)?

Just about any evening works for me.

1 Like

SONOVABITCH!
I forgot this, Stan. I’m so sorry!
I forgot on Friday til I was in bed trying to get to sleep. Promised I would do it over the weekend. Shyte happened. “On Monday”, I said. Little buggers are sitting at the house, with essentially NO conduit to get them to me to get to you at this point until…Friday, proabably…
I’ll see if I can work something out before then, but…
SO SORRY!

Also for working on stuf on the roof!

1 Like

I have a pair of Talkabouts I never use. I believe they have all 22 channels/38 codes or whatever. They use proprietary NiCads but those are shot, they can also use AA’s I believe. If I ever make it back up to the space I’ll try to remember to bring them if they’d be useful.

Stan… If some don’t work, I can offer to try & get them going …

Have radios in my possession. Will run past Space this evening (exact time TBD).

Fantastic!

Thanks for bringing those by this evening!

2 Likes

Am I detecting a (not so) subtle hint here? :smirk: