Anyone have some leftover HDPE?

I am looking to buy some sheets of HDPE, I’m interested in only a few feet worth since I’m looking to make resin molds that would fit inside the Pressure pots.

Or if anyone has any recommendations on where to buy cheap please let me know :slight_smile:

I did just PM you but for others who might be following, Sams cutting boards are by far the best value for HDPE. generally 3-4 times cheaper than others.

5 Likes

Thanks, will check those out!

1 Like

15" by 20", unknown thickness
$8.98
download

That’s 16% cheaper than Costco, and 3.8x cheaper than McMaster! (Maybe they’re making a killing on fancy steak knives.)

1 Like

I have 1/2 black how much are you looking for? It cost me $15.00 a square foot…

I am going to try and buy some of the boards above, if that doesnt work out I will message you :+1:

Big Lots cutting boards is good value for money on HDPE for smaller projects like pen molds. Thin enough to be cheap, large enough to be a useful resource. Can also be used as runners for table saw jigs - HDPE is slippery stuff, and can be worked with normal woodworking equipment (but NOT the SawStop!)

Hold on, really? I would have thought since it’s plastic, it wouldn’t trigger the circuit?

I also thought cutting of any plastics was not allowed in within DMS woodshop?

HDPE specifically will carry a static charge and trigger the blade.

Cutting of plastics is generally preferred to be done in the plastics area now that that area is active.

2 Likes

I did not know that. Both about the static charge, and the plastics area being open. Always good to learn new stuff