Anyone have access to a stand of bamboo?

I need about…probably 50’ of bamboo or so, basically lots of 8’ segments for a trellis. It grows like a weed but don’t know anyone who has any stands on their property. Was curious if anyone had one they wouldn’t mind me cutting some down on or knew of any.

Drive out around the lake, bamboo grows near a good water supply. Lake Dallas has loads of bamboo. Take a machete, don’t trespass.

1 Like

I’ll try to drive down Luna Rd tomorrow. If you’re coming south from where Old Denton crosses I35E and becomes Luna, there’s a big pond on the left (east) before you get to Beltline. I don’t remember offhand if there’s any bamboo there, but I’ll try to look.

1 Like

A source in the NE DFW Metroplex (east of Allen).

There is some sort of cane/bamboo growing in the drainage ditch on Southview Dr just north of Parker, TX.

Don’t know if this is close to you. Look up
1990 Southview Dr, Parker, TX
on Google Maps and check out the streetview. The yellow/tan vegetation is the cane I’m thinking of:

1 Like

In Flower Mound, on High road (off of 1171, a mile or two West of Flower Mound Road), there’s a stand of cane growing on the shoulder of the road. I’ve harvested a few canes from there before for walking sticks.

1 Like

If Garland is close enough for you, there is a Grove of bamboo at the intersection of Brand and Naaman, behind the garden area. This is where we go for it, used quite a bit in cubscouts for walking sticks too.