Any progress on putting the Zing back in general service?

Continuing the discussion from How can we get Zing running?:

So where are we at with this now? I would like to burn some leather on it. Is there an assigned computer and what’s the login? I was checked out on it pre-Covid…but has enough changed we need to start running classes on it? Not quite sure who to ask since it’s in Glassworks but thought it still belonged to @Team_Laser.

1 Like

The Zing is operational for those who are currently signed off at DMS via Zing training certification. Yes, it currently resides in Glassworks, but I suspect that when Team Laser f-i-n-a-l-l-y moves to its new location (presumably Laser is still slated to move to the current Woodshop location), then we’ll have suitable floor space for a Zing ‘Homecoming’ back at Laser.

Long term question about the Zing.

It is my understanding that one of the reasons that we got the Zing was for the potential portability to do off site PR related events. Is this still a valid idea?

Printmaking has a potential event and would like to plan for it if possible. Note the event is next February (2024), so no immediate need.

We might ping @PearceDunlap . He might know some of the specifics currently. I think it’s running? Vincent might know something too. I’d ping, but I’m not sure that his last name is Zato. Don’t want to ping the wrong Vincent.

The Zing laser was given to Glassworks, it lives there now, prices and safety rules remain the same.

I thought that was the plan too, then covid hit and people forgot about it. It just needs a cart to make that happen and we can still do it, a good sturdy cart it could live on permanently with all its accessories along with a laptop for ease of portability would be needed.

its totally functional and living out its farm days etching and trying to score glass for cuts.

Sorry, I’m confused. I was marked up on the Zing pre-Covid, so is it available for my use? Since the software changed and it has no dedicated computer…used to run on a dedicated Epilog account like the Fusion (if not that very account) if I recall. How can i get refreshed on whatever set up is being used to run it?

Does it have a dedicated fire extinguisher, and if so, where is it? Thanks.