Any DMS Member live in south Plano?

Just curious…do any DMS members live in south Plano…say the area around Independence and Plano Parkway?

I’m not far. Why doest thou ask questions that require 20 character responses? :wink:

2 Likes

I’m really close to that intersection.

1 Like

@MathewBusby Interesting response…my initial reply is to say “because it’s a setting”, my second respond is “let’s argue about it over beers!”

Really, I’m looking for some people who might want to hang out without having go across the metroplex to make with others all the time…I’ve got my 3D printer coming, then I’ll be making a MPCNC…the garage is almost arranged, and soon I’ll be able to set up a home brew station.

With business travel and school, I’d rather have pointless debates about specifications with people while drinking home made beer, without always worrying about whether or not the tool is available, always remembering to pack my badge, and the tools I want to use without always having to drag them around…and then have to drive all the way back

And then just go to the space when I need the big stuff :wink:

I joined TheLab too, but haven’t quite indoctrinated myself to it…been a couple of times. But it’s not the same group as I’ve come to like at DMS.

2 Likes

We are also working on a small Makerspace in our garage. A meetup that involves beer and possibly cigars would be awesome. I was a member of The Lab for a while - awesome people but didn’t offer the tools that DMS has and I didn’t want to pay for both at the time. I’ll probably re-join The Lab this fall when my oldest is finally out of daycare.

I’m glad you mentioned cigars (as I’m reading Tax Accounting and smoking one on the patio). I just took @fedakkee 's awesome 3d Scanner class…I’m going to use it to scan the inside of a Thermoelectric wine cooler I use to store them so I can do nice job lining it with Spanish Cedar for my sticks.

@MathewBusby @Julie-Harris So’…the workbench is built, and the 3D printer is assembled…I think it’s time to have a meeting of the DMS Plano-ites…thoughts?

2 Likes

I haven’t been over there in about a year and need to go back to see whether they have made any progress toward a workshop. I tend to doubt it.

By the way, I also live in that area I jokingly refer to as “South Central.”

1 Like

Interested - @steve and I would be happy to bring cigars and beer and discuss Tax Accounting which really only makes sense after beer. We’re trying to get a workshop set up in the garage as well but it’s not quite ready yet.

@Julie-Harris I’m taking Tax Accounting at UTD…we can drink the beers, smoke cigars and work on my Tax Return project :wink:

1 Like

Taxes!? I’m out.

Beer and cigars? In.

3 Likes