Another question on session lengths

Hey there!

I’m rather new to the space, and I’ve been using the lasers for a couple months now. Last week, I saw that we were down to one laser, which I noticed reintroduced a need for a queue system again. I have a project that takes over 90 minutes per sheet, and I have a lot of sheets to get through. And unfortunately, I wasn’t really aware of the queue system at the time. (I am now!)

I was reading in a recent post, about a month ago, that session lengths are about 90m or maybe an hour, when on source the session lengths are listed to be 3 hours. I do understand session lengths only apply if there is a queue.

If the session lengths are about an hour, then I can plan on adjusting my cut. I don’t want to be a laser hogger!

Is the rough session time an hour, 90 minutes or 3 hours? Is it getting on for a hour and letting someone else use it and then get back on it again?

Thanks!

So I’m going to be honest, I kind of have to question what you’re doing that takes 90 minutes on a single sheet…
If something really takes that long, depending on what you’re doing you may be better off using one of the CNCs or something.

I believe the official session time is 90 minutes, however it’s really more of a be excellent to each other time limit… If there’s a whole bunch of people waiting in line to do 10 minute cuts, maybe shortened down your session or take a pause.

A large format raster job will easily take that long.

The printing plate for my steamroller job was over 2 hours…

1 Like

Okay and I mean that’s fair as well. But also if you’re doing that on wood or smoky materials, you’re going to start getting degradation of the quality as it goes on because the lens really needs to be cleaned per hour of laser run time.

What’s needed to get the other lasers back in operation?

1 Like

I think the laser cutter is pretty open at 2 am!

1 Like