Another MasterCam class posted

I’m starting another cycle of cnc classes starting with the MasterCam software class again. It’s scheduled for July 16 and should come online in 72 hours. I’ll post another Tormach then a HAAS class soon as I can clear my life schedule.

2 Likes

Hi Nick!

I’ll be signing up for the class, as I do need to get signed-off on the HAAS and Tormach!

I was hoping to tag up with you this weekend regarding a HAAS project I need to complete asap. This project is the fabrication of a traditional slip roll based on Vincent Ginery’s design (book), scaled to 1/3 is design size using 0.500 diameter rolls. Parts to be machined from CRS.

Working on the design now using the DMS SolidWorks at-home student version.

If DMS purchases the material, I would be willing to make an additional copy for the Jewlery Committee.

The problem with any roll is we don’t have a rotary (4th) axis to turn while engraving.

You may be confused? Slip roll is a hand tool used to roll sheet-metal into curved and round shapes. 4th axis and turning while engraving not required. The end frames are simple 3-Axis HAAS profiles. The rolls are drill rod or black pipe faced to length w/commercially available sprocket/roll hubs pressed into each end.

I signed up for class today. Did you approve?

Sorry but no. The class is full. The calendar allows people to ask for approval despite being full.
It currently reads (-4) seats available which is a wait list.