Android New Event Tracker

I’m trying to install the DMS New Event Tracker. I have gone to Playstore and searched and searched, but it doesn’t come up? What do I search for? Or do I go someplace other than Playstore?

@jast ? @yashsedai ? I can’t remember the name of the guy who said this was available.
@Evan_Lott – would you know?

As far as I know, none of the folks involved in that project are current members, and it’s been years since it received any attention. Odds are it was pulled for a variety of reason, least of which being…um…3 or so years between updates…
This was the last time I recall anything being done with it

and as far as I know, nothing you search for on Google Playstore will retrieve it (I’d love to be proven wrong, though!).

FWIW, the Apple IOS version is still available for download and still works. Perhaps searching for the IOS app’s author (John Lindsay) might find something?

He has a second App in the AppStore. It has a web site associated with it and that site has a Contact page:

My wife has the app on her phone, and it works. Could {some genius} get it from her phone and make it available for everyone who wants it?

I wrote a Perl program that does the same thing, but I have to load the page in a browser, copy it to the clipboard, save the previous copy of calNew.txt to calOld.txt, paste to calNew.text, and run calendar.pl. Clunky, but it works.

Anyway, thanks for replying. At least I know I’m not just searching wrong.

2 Likes

The calendar notifications on the DMS discord might be useful. You can get notifications when a class is posted to the calendar.

1 Like