An odd problem with an ender 3 pro

My printer stop extruding filament you might think this was the extruder head but I could not pull the old filament out of the plastic feed tube it actually broke before it came out so I had to remove the little nut the filament went through (not such an easy task when all you have is one working hand) and found that the plastic tube and filament had been fused together with heat. So I cut the plastic tube back about half of an inch put the nut back in and it worked just fine. Weird. Someone showed me a modification for this extruder where the extruder feed is at the head similar to the other printers I have seen on the floor, this is not something I could do by myself.Though I would love it .

1 Like

The modification is direct drive, and it makes it easier to print softer materials. I see one on Amazon for $30ish dollars, Creality Ender 3 Direct Drive Extruder.

1 Like

I upgraded mine to the Sprite extruder in order to expand the types of filaments I could print. The kit makes it straightforward though it’s on the expensive side: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09WVHNPHH

1 Like

I would love the mod but being paralyzed on the left side puts this kind of mod beyond my abilities.

1 Like

I bought a BMG-style extruder for my Ender and I was able to use the same gears for all the toolheads I built afterwards. The Bondtech gears are ubiquitous, with many variations adjusting the center of mass of the toolhead, type and number of cooling fans, how to attach the belts, etc.