AmeriBrade Belt Grinder Eating Steel

Just wow. can we build one of these?

1 Like

Wow, wonder what it would do to a finger

Jeez…where’s all the metal dust being produced going?

Looks like the floor…

There have been discussion about buying a belt grinder now that the induction forge is up and running. Blade makers unite!

6 Likes

Adds whole new meaning to “file to fit”. :astonished:

If you’re completely new to the world of “belt grinders”, I thought this guy has some fairly level-headed advice on first-time buying. Seems applicable for tips if one is wanting to build, as well.

1 Like

why do we have to make our 10 pound machine why dont you move your 1000 machine

Ventilation and ducting.

Likely neither will be moving, far any ways. The induction heater takes 3 phase. It was put over there to combine the plug with the powder coating oven. Let’s face it, the shop is getting full like every well else. As that fact, we need to be more cordial towards each other. The induction heater isn’t requiring to heat up a full long piece unless they are doing a heat treat. Most of the use I’ve seen has been small pieces under 10-12". Even then, the heater can be moved in a better direction if needed. But as it sits without the cooler, the use it rather limited. I.E the water gets to hot.

1 Like

i was being facetious i know better than using sarcasm in text. moving the heater into the corner would be the best solution but would displace other tools so i will leave it up to my betters to decide.

1 Like