Amateur Radio Committee Meeting 13OCT15 1900-2100 (In Person or Proxy Required)

Hello everyone, per this last board meeting we need to hold an in person committee meeting for amateur radio. The purpose of it being in person is to meet the requirements of the new rule put into place by the board requiring an in person meeting for the vote of new committee chair.

Also a part of the new rule is that any member can vote in contradiction to our current rules which require voting members of the committee to be licensed amateur radio operators. I have asked for an exemption to this rule for our committee.

I need to find out from you all when you would like to hold the in person meeting. It has to fall between 8OCT15 and the Oct board meeting. It will be held at the space and I plan to provide food so it can be more fun than a slow boring meeting.

I am running for committee chair still and have not seen anyone else state they want to run. If you do want to run please make a comment on here so we can let everyone know and talk about it prior to the meeting.

So when do you guys wanna meet?

@AndrewLeCody, @BenjaminGroves, @chuckpo, @cgill27, @DanielHooper, @Carpman, @dougemes, @hykkonen, @Kluper, @Kentamanos,

2 Likes

@KrissyHeishman, @Krissy_Heishman, @Brockwell, @MichaelPursifull, @Nick_McCarthy, @Romeo_Espana, @RoysterBot, @tmc4242

@wandrson, @WaYNeR, @william_petefish, @zmetzing,

Due to the licensing requirement for Amateur Radio, I think we should put a board meeting agenda item which says our committee must be chaired by a member who holds an active amateur radio license (domestic or foreign with reciprocal operating authority).

I will not be able to attend, but I believe there is a proxy vote mechanism. Who would like to proxy for me?

73 de n0zgo

1 Like

That would be taken care of if we are able to require voting committee members or voting person to have a license requirement.

Due to me being a candidate it would likely be impartial for me to be otherwise I would be willing.

I may or may not be able to attend depending upon when it is held; however, @ke5bud you have my proxy to vote for yourself assuming you still want the position. If you don’t, please use my proxy to vote for whomever you choose.

1 Like

@wandrson I can do that for you and it needs to be written on paper.

Wasn’t aware about the paper need. How do I get you that? I will be at the space Saturday, Sunday, Monday evening, and Tuesday evening.

1 Like

See by-laws, section Proxies
Section 4.8 Proxies
At any meeting of members, a member entitled to vote may vote by proxy executed in writing by the member or by his duly authorized attorney-in-fact in accordance with the requirements of law.

Does not appear to be any specific format other than “In writing” I suppose you could put limitations on it like “May vote for anyone but that snake-in-grass (nemesis name)”

2 Likes

Leave it for me at the space I will pm you a location to leave it.

This was brought up at one point so I am just doing what was stated.

Ok right now I am seeing a bunch of proxies and not able to attends so I will set a date and time this weekend once I check my calendar and then if you cannot make it you can send a proxy or request I be your proxy.

@BenjaminGroves, @AndrewLeCody do proxies have to be written or can they be typed and printed off from here? Email, Talk, Hangouts ok?

They just need to be recorded in some fashion.

1 Like

Excellent, as I am out of the country and physically unable to provide a written proxy vote. I can sign it with my public key, of course. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Only if your public key is signed by someone in my web of trust :smile:

Excellent idea!

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

I, Walter Anderson, am providing Justin Edwards my proxy to vote in the upcoming Amateur Radio committee meeting.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1

iQIcBAEBAgAGBQJWDqWeAAoJEHfnxjvhypCiHasQAI2Q/uODqwDOFS69CV5Pd6uL
o9uPTy6sxzAt3Swjc4dZa1zOu9H82uT/bS/aRYXf8wkVkMiHqQp6bjufAh0Tuiiq
p8S0S6uCoFjcCvftr5moG5hyTPitNoBiY3tFmH4RQrxiq2htBpQAeus4ouzOl4VK
sUqPuQxMcjA+T75SmxRzMImH6Zhofd+8g1hQR9wN/m2kOp0UcAFybdb5Ifjxl6vQ
ft8m9cZFwOSVFfEn8gIEqEAuNi7ZKMMyiI4HU1y5I7UcCD2DAewfbJ1B/MnF1OxQ
SbqLqLFnIs/qgn8TIxJNZOMMEpjO0NWv9o3v08q1ZJ6ekgxtLDFjtMTC9hsKdZLU
ONqTyVLmMWTG/2vQ5w1A6cvZODiA8zNnfoc8kue3A08J0t4RYPx3tez6zOEw11Tw
ixT38D2hkQkLnz4yV1zW8/ZT7B2gUteRntJXXO2GX9wSqcJMv32BLPKWfWaa9n0S
B0Aj2yPFxh7Sk6EeoId+W7L4/FRd6Za2CunUpmey5/+f0bM3eMccLbRIF0UZKbYy
g8Qbzd+W+XbwYh2qkaWBt5q0CEXVYYNBpEQVUg7IzR3zjfp0YcH06w2SKfMFAH3k
fxK28IwaFnafoY6PL2aOk+4Kpjw+FvbP8wqEKFOHPw5TyVndo97o40Mx3HsJTc+n
hxfil7szpTRLuIYsXE+4
=RY0y
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

2 Likes

So right now I have 3 proxies @wandrson, @zmetzing, and @william_petefish.

Sounds like we need a key signing party. :wink:

2 Likes

I would be interested in attending.
Christopher AE5VI

1 Like

Well keep an eye @publius I will posting the date and time shortly.