Alignment System at DMS- QuickTricks

I used the QuickTricks alignment system to measure tow, camber, caster. Caster is the most difficult, but its still pretty easy to measure.

Sadly, my car was in alignment spec. Which does not explain why I have the inside of all of my tires eaten up. But the old control arm bushings do. So now I have to fix the control arm bushings AND get tires.

Measuring the difference between the front and back of the horizontal bar on both front tires yields some measure of tow. Caster is just the number of degrees you see when placing the level tool on the vertical bar. Camber is in this video:

Bad ball joints can also allow a perfect static alignment, but a dynamic operating position with crazy tire wear.

1 Like

Thank you for the demo of this equipment. It’s great to see it in use.
Some (videographic) constructive criticisms (from a viewer, not a videographer by any stretch):

• The word is “toe”. It sounds a lot like “tow”, so if you’re using VTT that could account for it, but homophones is something to watch for.
  • Too much talk; not enough action. You’re not the worst offender I’ve seen, but it’s a common problem with YouTube videos: the viewer gives up on getting any actual information out of the video because the presenter keeps talking about working, instead of working. See Jimmy DiResta. Like 'im or hate 'im, his action videos are stellar: double time, no talking. His talking videos, apparently some folks like. In general, I hit 2x, and usually end up clickfeeding through them, if I watch at all. Especially if he has OTHER PEOPLE talking…
  • You need a microphone. Or quieter stablemates. Maybe both. (Bet you already knew that, though).
    All in all, good to see your progressing video production, as well as automotive, skills. GREAT to see that tool in use!
1 Like