Air fitting at the lift leaks air

What is or was the “reason” for putting this on the air hose at the lift?

2 Likes

@TLAR have you already forgotten the way of using as many air fittings without tape and making the inflexible portion as long as possible?

I will take a little blame…I originally put a quick connect on that was too complex for someone in the automotive area to use so they pulled it and put that masterpiece together.

4 Likes

What was wrong with the Milton air fitting? Milton fittings are the made in the USA still and are reliable.

That blue Merlin fitting will lead to a another rebuild of the Quincy compressor with the amount of air it leaks.

Brass fittings suck. They are more expensive and leak faster. Not sure why anyone buys them. Especially for connections that are constantly being used and dropped. IMO everything in automotive should be switched to steel fittings. Brass is primarily for connections that don’t change often

Lol. Well it would be the nail in the coffin. We have a new compressor to replace it.

2 Likes

I saw that compressor. It is a thing of beauty.

1 Like

This issue has been resolved, it was just missing an O-ring. Credit to Alan for getting sick of hearing it leak and fixing it.

2 Likes