Agenda item discussion 6.23.17 (Exculpate previous board decision)

Problem: In the March 19th board meeting the board abused their authority and permanently blocked me from Talk based upon a complaint where I took a public discussion private and told the member that I was “tired of their bitching” and would no longer discuss the subject. This statement was deemed sufficient, in and of itself, to permanently block me from Talk. I appreciate that the current board chose to ‘pardon’ me in their first session; however, pardon still means I did something wrong. Which I did not. This was yet another example of the board abusing its authority when dealing with discipline issues. Fortunately, unlike past examples, I ensured that the abuse was documented. Below is Luke’s response when I asked what specifically the charges were (I had forgotten the IM exchange with BKNAPP):

The complaint included the attached PDF.
Luke
On Mar 16, 2017 8:01 AM, “Walter Anderson” [email protected] wrote:
Was there anything specific included in the complaint? I certainly have
exchanged no private messages with Mr. Knapp.
On 03/15/2017 10:57 PM, Luke Olson wrote:

Hello Walter,

Correction, the complaint originated from Bradley Knapp. Mea culpa.

Luke

On Wed, Mar 15, 2017 at 7:47 PM, Luke Olson
<[email protected]
mailto:[email protected]> wrote:

Hello Walter,

A member his filed a complaint regarding your behavior on Talk
(Cindy), specifically private messages. It will be discussed at the
next board meeting on Sunday March 19th. You're welcome to attend to
share your side of things or if you'd prefer to prepare something in
writing you're welcome to do that. Let me know if you have any
questions.

Luke

The actual IM exchange referenced above was included in the minutes for the March board meeting at my insistence. This board now has ALL of the relevant information for which the original judgment was rendered. It should also be noted that the above IM was initiated by me when the person in question chose to make a threat of physical violence on the public Talk forums. A threat that was included in a counter complaint of mine AFTER receiving the above notice. It should be noted that this threat was deemed only worthy of a warning by the previous board… That threat is also documented in the March meeting minutes, again at my insistence.

Solution: Exculpate the original decision.

But then how does that meet our goal to educate?

Wait, what? I told Walter to cut out messaging via Talk. I was thoroughly pummeled for the suggestion.

I had no idea the above email from Luke existed. I’m glad it was corrected, but still. Makes me wonder what else I’m blamed for that I never did.

Also - I assume that statement is from Walter? Or did Kris get banned? Really confusing stuff that I will ignore in the future if I’m not made directly involved by having my name mentioned.

It’s really only for your benefit. I hope you feel special.

1 Like