Advice fixing Emblazer

We have a little Emblazer that was acquired for work and it’s having issues moving on the gantry horizontally without a while lotta angry skipping that dislocates the belts and kills the tension. The bearings are definitely snagging

Is there a certain kind of lube that must be used? If the lube doesn’t fix it will someone advise on repair?

If the bearings are snagging, then they almost certainly need to be replaced. That is where I would start.

Is there a place local I could get them or do they have to be ordered online?

I don’t know, I would try removing them and measuring them, then ordering some that match those dimensions… assuming Emblazer doesn’t offer them as repair parts.

Bearings are easy, you get them from Purvis Bearing Supply (they have locations in Dallas, Fort Worth, & every other town of significant size in the USA).
Essentially all ball-bearings are standardized & have been since the early 20th century, so if you have any problems identifying what you need, take the dismounted bearing with you, go to their Counter Sales area, & they can find the right item in their catalogue.

1 Like

Purvis says they don’t carry ones that small but have agreed I can bring it up. I made it clear I was helpless in this regard. I can buy an upgrade kit through Darkly that includes some bearings but the machine appears to have already been upgraded. Anyone want to start a small laser servicing business haha