Adobe Illustrator Basic Class tonight!

Hi everyone! Just wanted to let you know that there are still spots left for tonight’s Adobe Illustrator class.

If at least one person shows there will still be a class, but it sure would be nice if at least 3 people showed. :smiley:

https://calendar.dallasmakerspace.org/events/view/8557

2 Likes

So I’ve been using illustrator since adobe killed off Freehand. But I’m curious about the “cut friendly” aspect. Is that okay?

1 Like

Come one come all!

If you’re that experienced at Illustrator you might not learn more a shortcut or two, but you’re certainly welcome to join.

Hey Judy,

I’m guessing Tom is talking about making vectors from the view point of wanting to use them with the Laser Cutter, Vinyl Cutter, or even the MultiCam Router of Plasma Table. Rather than a typical Illustrator class that is more around traditional uses like type setting and graphic design.

Illustrator is often as deep as most of our members get into Cad Software and really opens the doors to some amazing capabilities around DMS.

1 Like

Exactly!

Which in this case means that I gloss over most of the stuff involving color/gradients which I would normally would consider “basics” and I don’t get too deep into typography either.

I applaud that attitude!

2 Likes

The only reason the class is on the calendar is because a member PM’d me and politely asked if I would be teaching more classes in the future, so I hope at least that member shows up :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like