Adobe Creative Suite CS2 is now completely free

I’m not sure if this is old news, but I just came across it tonight. Adobe has released Creative Suite CS2 (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc) for free. All you have to do is register an adobe account (completely free), and then you are provided with serial numbers and download links. I’m so excited that I can finally stop using gimp for image editing!

This article provides a nice how-to for downloading and installing it:

2 Likes

It is possible to install CS2 and run it without a license, but it is not free. Adobe shut down their license servers a couple of years ago and posted information “for customers who paid for CS2” to download a version of CS2 which didn’t require activation. Yes anyone can download and run CS2 without paying, but it is not legal unless you purchased CS2. They just don’t have any protections in place.

It is also important to note that CS2 was designed for Win XP and Mac 10.5 (?) and it does NOT run well (or at all) on newer OSs.

-Robert

1 Like

Statements like this make me sad…

1 Like

I can’t say as to the rest of the CS 2, but premier 2 runs on absolutely everything. new ( win 8) and old (XP)
we have 2,4,and 5 at the office and we consistently use 2 for 90% of what we do, it just runs on any old crap system and it was the last of the premiers that will burn a DVD from the editor without an external ap.
i wouldn’t recommend it for color fixing or anything that requires an hours long render, that never worked very well with premier 2. always seemed to error for some reason and stop.

but CS2 works and gets you there. even though its 11 years old.

As a software engineer who depends on people being willing to spend money on software, I agree.

-Robert

1 Like

I want to throw-up, I paid $1,200 for CS when it first came out — 10 or 11 years ago.

But i sorely miss the Borland no nonsense license: “treat this software like a book.”

1 Like

I have GIMP on hand as a backup, but I don’t use it primarily because Photoshop has a much better UI. Like many open source items of software, you can tell GIMP was/is created by programmers with un-polished skills in user interfaces…

IMHO, of course. GIMP works, but Photoshop is much more intuitive.

Anyone know how to get a copy of this? I don’t want to pay for the cloud service.