Additional Storage for Basic Dropbox Account

Does anyone know if it is possible to → buy ← a small amount, e.g. 50, 100, etc. GB of additional storage to add-on to a Dropbox Basic (free) account? It’s not documented on the Dropbox site, but I do see where one can do this if already on a paid plan.

I am not interested in the Plus plan (the next account tier up)…2 TB is waaaaay more than I need, especially for $120/year. Also not interested in other cloud services, e.g. Google Drive, etc. Just wondering about purchasing/adding-on smaller amount.

1 Like

Not sure about that, but what i did for storage is used an old computer i had and built a Truenas server at my home.

Probably over kill, but mine is 28tb storage, 32gb ram with a ZTF mirror.

Currently playing with remote/personal cloud access for it.

1 Like

I think I added another GB and it was the same as going to 2 TB of the plus plan.

I have a couple TrueNAS servers. One has project drives and NextCloud and it is fantastic! The other has TimeMachine and clones that to the first.

1 Like

How is nextcloud?

I was thinking about just setting up a SSH tunnel with a personal key.

I figured “what the heck?” and asked the chatbot (which did a nice job acting like a real person named Eve, if it wasn’t) and was advised there was nothing between Basic & Plus but they could totally help me find the right plan for my needs. Good info to have, actually, because it seems to me there should be plenty of demand for >2GB<2TB at some rate >$0<$119.00/yr. Guess DBox doesn’t agree, though. Or maybe they think it’s already filled by e.g. Gdrive, etc. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

It is great but I only use the storage features. It does group calendaring, web forms all kinds of extra stuff like dropbox does.

Well, I guess here’s one way…received when I went to downgrade to Basic plan:

2 Likes