Action Figure Museum

I know you’re being facetious, but again you’re proving my point: you are proposing being CREATIVE and displaying new work by members, not a bunch of antiques

does it though? … you are proposing being CREATIVE and displaying new work by members

So why so much disdain for retro coders and vintage tech? I mean how else is one going to test their latest indie 8bit game for the 6502 processor on original hardware unless there’s an actual place to do so? Heck the Amiga Demoscene is still alive and kicking.

There’s a also a living hardware development community for these machines which we support and heck floppotron wouldn’t exist if it wasn’t for guys like us still having a passion for the tech we grew up on.

I point these out because they’re examples of being creative and displaying new works with old systems.

Nope, I’m being absolutely serious. I think an action figure sig is on its way - because it celebrates the beauty of plastics.

But until then, I think any committee can use their space as they wish and if VCC wants a museum so be it. Just like if we had infinite space the auto committee might want to display old autos or the CA committee might want to display fine art on their walls.

2 Likes

That reminds me of an article I read some time back about interactive museums and hackerspaces:

This does not look like a case of

but rather

Truth be told, the new community area is not bigger than the current one and we lose the area of an added corridor through it.

1 Like

23 posts were merged into an existing topic: Committee Voice - Expansion move

Says the man who is not a member…

Why do you care so much, but not enough to join?

1 Like

This makerspace in North Carolina, the new home of our Lasersaur, values antique computers more than we do:

https://makezine.com/2018/07/13/rising-ashes-makerspace-fire/

And your action figure museum display case is available at the UNT salvage sale!

2 Likes

Actually … what about something like

2 Likes

Easy enough to build, but if space was available, why not build entire universes. DC could be on one side, Marvel on the other. Build a replica Hall of Justice etc.

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Committee Voice - Expansion move

Let’s do this!!! So exciting!

I think we should make some rules about what goes in the case.

I think that they need to be have made here at DMS.
Is machine shop or 3dfab or PR going to sponsor it?
There needs to be some sort of way for people to get them back or require them to be donated.

I can talk to Max after the dust settles from the CA move.

Also the first person who makes me a 3d printed skeletor wins my favor for life. J/k

1 Like

What scale? Lol.

1:1 lifesize :blankspace::blankspace::blankspace::blankspace::blankspace:

2 Likes

Yeah! That would be a dream come true, but I’ll settle for actual action figure standard. Could you imagine? I could battle him and scare my pesky neighbors kids. Uh, I mean do good for the world.

nah… if we do mechs they got to be at lease 42.589:1 scale :slight_smile: