Committee Voice - Expansion move

low-rent district
VCC2

That spot is already claimed by CA for art work

That will be expensive.

As I figured

The official Expansion team should weigh in on this, but let me give you my understanding.

The wall and doorway are the least of the cost. The fire sprinklers need to be evaluated and possibly moved to ensure that the newly enclosed area has enough sprinklers, and at suitable distances from the walls. As a multiple-occupancy area, in theory it will need an A/V fire annunciator. Any lights in that area are supposed to be switched from inside that area.

2 Likes

Maybe erect partition walls along the red lines?

VCC3

The sprinklers are approximately at the blue dots.

VCC4

@Team_VCC, please keep in mind that any change to the space for VCC will require both the @Team_Expansion and @Board_of_Directors approval. Moving to the old lobby was floated as a possibility, not a certainty. Do not bank on it just yet.

2 Likes

If that is the case, we would prefer to stay in the new Common Room if at all possible. I presumed that had been ruled out.

1 Like

Personally, I don’t think that VCC can stay in the new common room, there just isn’t space. Where it ends up is very much up for discussion… and ultimately will be the decision of the BoD.

3 Likes

So we have refugee status and request asylum…

2 Likes

Or this strip is currently open. Unfortunately, it is only about 3 feet wide.

VCC5

I believe that is going to be for storage.

Not according to the “final layout.” The BOD gets to decide…

1 Like

@Print_Witch is planning on using that wall as a gallery, and as such requested that the storage racks be placed in front of the committee space instead. Electrical is somewhat lacking as well.

1 Like

I seem to remember that VCC was only allocated some wall space in the new common room where the wall is between the server room and the new galley. The whole thing fits in three linear feet of wall space now anyways.

Point of contention: what a committee discussed with expansion or requested is in no way shape or form related to what they got. Wants and Gets us two different horses. Just a reminder.

1 Like

that orange class room is cold during the winter and the power / ethernet outlets are scattered -.- i never go in there. i just use the common area because all the connections i need are there for software dev.

As a general reply to the rest of the thread back when i was a custodian and full time student i did my best freshman year coding litearlly while hiding in the broom closet shoved between the water heater and mop sink. Not even an exaggeration. It was nice and warm. Good times at the university of north texas.

Yeet me into the nearest broom closet with my laptop and don’t check on me unless it starts to smell.

1 Like

Currently it is the 3d fab. Do you mean the Purple classroom?

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Meeting notes:

https://dallasmakerspace.org/wiki/Computer_Committee_Meeting_20181219

1 Like

I am glad to see this … Thank You … also, can you rename it to VCC?