AC Recharge Tools?

Was wondering if we have the tools to recharge a R134 AC system?

And I take that it would be in the green tool box?

We definitely used to…

The manifold gauges exist in the shelf between laser and automotive, hanging up. We had 3 pairs last time I was there but maybe they merged into two recently!

1 Like

Luke Strickland is correct - the manifold and hoses are hanging up.

If you make it this Tues around 7pm,I’ll bring a 30 pound container of 134a to use.

2 Likes

Omg! No way! I can sooo make it! I’ll be there! :smiley: Plus it’s my first time doing this thing.

What would be great is if we had a way to evacuate and recover. :slight_smile: Rather than accidental catastrophic leaks causing total evacuation…

I’m assuming there is a vacuum pump as well right?

Yeah, there’s one really good one, its a red brick, it operates off of a concept known as a venturi effect. You plug the airhose into one end and the manifold gauge into the other end.

Looks like this except covered in grease…

We also have a different electric pump powered one, doesn’t work as good.

Gary,

If you’d like to donate a functioning recovery machine that would be great as well.

Wish I still had my old one. It would have been perfect.

I was there at 7pm in automotive until past midnight when I Ieft

This was…after Carey and son changed out the pads and fluid on their GTi, then the lift class and a change of wheels and tires for the jeep for a more “off road” look vs bone stock. The Russian sedan came in behind the jeep was beautiful and certainly an eyecatcher!

Perhaps another evening (not tonight tho) ?

3 Likes

I have one. I’ll let @TBJK check it out, if good, it’s donated. Brother-in-law, a Residual HVAC installer/repair tech gave it to me.

1 Like

Great!

I Spoke to Tim last night about converting an R12 recovery machine that a friend will give me if I want it…
There are too many projects on my “to do list now” but I’ll add this to it…

Hey… I’m sorry about last Tuesday. Got stuck at work.