ABS Bed stick issues

Someone once said “A bad day of golf beats a good day at the office”.
Allow me to rephrase, A bad day at the space beats a good day at home.

I am having persistent problems getting my ABS prints to stick on the tape. Replacing the tape is not an option for me, so I generally move over to another printer. The good news is that crappy black Hatchbox filament was finally used up. I’ll be ordering some more from Amazon, any suggestion as to a better type or brand? I wasted about half of it due to the no stick problem. First half of the day on 92 was pretty good, the afternoon not so much. I jettisoned most of my old filament today because it was brittle.After 3 years in bed so am I, broke my hips twice last year.

Another issue for me is how do disengaged the feed claps so I could load and unload filament in a more reasonable manner. I have one working hand, suggestions would be welcomed.

I wake up at 6AM to have my day out at the space. I moved my space days to Sundays to avoid the massive tour groups. I get there around 9AM, and leave at 5PM. Last week DART messed up their times so I only got half of a day there. Raised some hell with their management about it too.I have a fully functional Sketchup 2016 w/ .stl plug in on my broken lappie, so my upgrade to Win 10 is done. It wasn’t as traumatic as I was afraid it was going to be, though it does point out how slow this computer really is.

Problems notwithstanding, a good day. I’m fried, going to bed now, This post was my last task I set for myself today.

2 Likes

I’ve been consistently happy with both the PLA and ABS by Inland. I buy it at Micro Center and you can also find it on Amazon.

Micro Center on Central has a wide selection of colors: I’d be happy to pick up a box or two for you: they run $16-18/kg. I’ll be at DMS Sunday to do a blacksmithing class. If you’d like me to, let me know what color(s) you’d like.

IMHO, black is the riskiest color of filament to buy, as less scrupulous manufactures can dump old stock into a new batch of black, as the dye will cover the original color. Sometimes this leads to inconsistent performance, both between spools and sometimes even within a single spool.

2 Likes

Yes please,Just the basic black. I’ll be running a temp profile on it to set up a base line reference. I will try to be there 9:30AM to 5:00PM, Dart willing. Last batch lasted for 3 months, I expect the same from this batch.

1 Like

I’ll pick up one box of black for you: risk free. If for some reason it doesn’t work out for you, I’ll buy it back and use it at home with my Prusa.

1 Like

I’ll pay for it regardless, better a different brand than that crap Amazon sold me. Economics at work. I am looking forward to testing it out. About what time do you think we will meet?