About my CraigsList Glass & Metal Equipment Post

As some of you already know, handling the responses to this posting has been extremely frustrating with added complications from visits by my in-laws and trying to deal with the confusion of a new-to-me email program that puts responses back with the first email and changes the display order.
So I’m going to try to clarify the process.

I tried to work through the responses in the order sent allowing time for seeing emails going through Craigslist protection - only extended the process when people didn’t respond or responded and then stopped communicating. So instead of dealing with people in the order of their messages some of which say "what’s your number I can come right over” I would like to switch to straight email and ask that you respond by the guidelines below.

Send me an email to [email protected] with a valid email address and a phone number for you that you respond to promptly. If you do this I will include my cell phone number to begin to discuss visits to my backyard, IF AND ONLY IF:
You are willing to say what you plan to do with most of the equipment, some of you already done this, sorry for the duplication. I will be biased toward people who will continue using the equipment for molten glass blowing and who are planning on involving young people or providing some kind of training. Several people have indicated they wanted to do stuff with metal that could be separated out if the people who wanted the glass stuff didn’t want the metal.
If you are mostly interested in melting metal, be aware that this equipment is probably not capable of melting gold, silver, or copper and is certainly not capable of melting Iron or steel. It has the capability of making aluminum, brass, and bronze liquid for pouring and has been used this way but it is a relatively small portion of the bulk of the equipment.
If you are mostly interested in forging iron and steel, bringing it to red to white heat, it should be capable of doing that but again it is a relatively minor portion of the equipment. The propane forge features have not really been tested, since I used an open face coal forge when I did it.
Only as a last resort all I turn the equipment over to someone who is willing to take it primarily to break it up and sell a metal for scrap.
All equipment has been made with insulating refractory castable, there is no firebrick involved so that can’t be recovered. Detailed descriptions of the building of the equipment are on my website some links are in the craigslist posting or you can go to http://mikegigi.com/sitemap.htm and explore.
Mike

1 Like