A real woody, hard wood

@Mrholthaus
@jast

A few of us were talking about old Cars and the use of wood in car bodies under metal “back before my time” etc. Last night I stumbled upon these two beautiful antiques. Yes that is Really Wood, not fake wood. And the nice but like dogshit(everyone has or wants one)camaro. There is an early mint mustang under a cover next to the chevy.

4 Likes

The old Jag is awesome, love that style

1 Like

GIMMEE GIMMEE GIMMEE!
I’ve had (rare) soft spot for the 60’s Camaros (although I prefer the Firebird sibling) since I used to walk by one, rotting away in the backyard, every day on my walk home from elementary school.
And yeah, in my 20-car dream garage would absolutely be a REAL woody, and absolutely at least one like the Jag, with wood framed accoutrements.

Is that a Ford v8 badge on the Jag? Or did Jags of that era use such a badge?

That is a greyhound just in front of the bonnet Mr Reynolds not a fine pouncing Jaguar.

1 Like

That is a Ford V8 badge and it is not on a Jaguar…

1 Like

Teach me to follow Mark’s lead…

2 Likes

one of the most difficult and intriquing jobs was to resurrect the wood support behind the metal body on a 4 door -forget what make year

l l l l
l ___ l l___ l

top arced to one curve, bottom to another curve; every vertical to another different curve All joints double interlocking finger joints. and it had to fit into the other parts of th e existing wood frame

it was truely a puzzle

Eric in Calgary

2 Likes