A new Creality K1 3d Printer in the house

This weekend Microcenter put these printers

https://www.microcenter.com/product/666007/creality-k1-3d-printer

on sale if you had a coupon. My wife received on in her email for $200 off of the printer. On a real whim my family and I went over and purchased one. It has the same bed size as the other two Ender 3 Pro’s we own but it prints much faster and has an enclosed bed for more uniform heating and fewer bad prints. I confess part of the attraction is the quietness and the fact that it prints ABS well. I have mixed results with the Ender 3 pro printing ABS.

I wondered if anyone else has experience with this printer?

I saw that same coupon but passed. I read that Creality missed the mark on that printer… specs and hardware look impressive but the execution and precision isn’t in the same league as the Bamboo. Curious to see what you think of it once it’s up and running.

I doubt creality will ever have something that can go head to head with the likes of bambu. They are more your bargin brand.

I don’t have experience with the Creality K1, but I got the Sovol SV07 as a birthday present to myself, and it’s also a Klipper-based printer.

The reviews on the SV07 were mixed, but I got it to replace an Ender 3 that I had highly modified and I LOVE it by comparison— I print exclusively in PLA at home, and literally everything about it has been way less of a pain in the butt than the Ender 3. I backed off the max speeds it can do just a bit so I hopefully won’t have to replace belts and wheels and stuff so soon (… that will probably happen anyway though… lol I wish I had gotten the SV06 and upgraded it to Klipper, but oh well), but it lives up to it’s speed claims, and I absolutely love the bed leveling tools in the fluidd/klipper software.

It’s no Bambu, but for $300 it’s great. The only ‘negative’ so far was that I had installed a silent motherboard on the Ender 3, so the fans on the SV07 make it louder, but it’s not irritating or anything. It doesn’t have an enclosure built in like the K1. Lol, it’s so new though, that if I want something for it, I have to make it myself— calibration guides have to be updated, I had to make my own profile on my Mac version of Cura, etc etc. It’s been worth it though— I haven’t run into anything I’ve had trouble printing yet.

1 Like

I bought one of these printers and wasn’t able to get it to work right. I ended up changing the included extruder for an Orbiter V2.0 and replacing the hotend it only ended up being about 60 dollars. After that, I installed mainsail and started useing Orcaslicer and had no major problems since.