A fond Farewell to Parks Pantry

Dearly beloved we are gathered here today to bid a fond farewell to Parks Pantry. We will be going with a new service called Mcliff starting on July 28th . Please make sure to stop by on the July 30th for the grand opening. Please use any funds left on your Parks card (if you have one) before that time as they will not transfer over!!!

MC-Logo-No-Tagline-RGB-01

10 Likes

Will they bring back the buffalo chicken bites? Those are always the best for late night work projects

Im not sure what “fresh” or frozen food they will be bringing back

One thing Park’s never learned that we told then about: Stock fresh food items on FRIDAY becuase our usage is highest over Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Their computer receipts should have told them that. What did they do: They gave Friday discounts to empty the items out and didn’t restock.

When we had another 1,000 members it was empty lots of times by mid-Saturday.

5 Likes

Yeah I told the new group that and they plan to keep us stocked.

2 Likes

What happens if we have a positive balance on our pantry card?

Parks will not refund

1 Like

We lost 1,000 members due to COVID? I was thinking the space was a bit more empty last couple times I’ve been. Just thought I went on off days.

Also I hope chucking Parks off that McCliff gets us a bit cheaper prices and/or more variety.

1 Like

Yes the prices will be cheaper.

Actual amount of downturn was just over 950-975 which occurred in Feb.

No, somewhere around 350 were before Covid. We actually survived Covid very well IMO. About 1200 members stayed the course and supported DMS with their dues for 2 years without access because they/we believed in DMS and wanted it to there when Covid was over. That is a LOT of true supporters.

I’m sure there were others but their personal finances didn’t allow it.

Note: the “Feb.” is of 2018 is when the peak membership occurred.

9 Likes

Chris, if it’s not a ridiculously high balance and there isn’t anything you want currently stocked, I’ll buy it from you at face value and grab some things for my kid. She’ll eat anything.

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure hiring an actual stone-age hunter-gatherer tribe to collect our gallery snacks would’ve provided us with better customer service than parks. Very glad that we have a new service.

4 Likes

That was one of the options but they wanted to get paid in stones and we thought the price was a bit heavy ………. You can Groan now.

6 Likes

I have a few bucks left on this fob if anyone can use it please feel free.

1 Like

You can request a refund. @engpin has all the details. Our members have over $1600 on various cards.