A couple Thank yous and shot outs!

Saturday morning Malcom invited his father to teach a handful of lucky learners how to use EVERY welding rig in metal shop. It was from 9 am to 5 pm almost completely straight through, just a small break to eat and yes it was very hot with all the PPE on. Ray is a welding veteran and had so much patience with us, it was unbelievable! I am really grateful for the time yall spent with us @malcolmputer and I shared with @hon1nbo how valuable that lesson was. Should I be lucky enough to catch him on premise again, I have my own PPE just in case! He was here to train the trainers for future welding classes to be taught more frequently at Makerspace and once again, Thank you!

Also, I would like to thank the All Seeing Eye @bertberaht for checking on us scratching our heads at the CNC machine! He saw us on the live feed and knew something was wrong. So he called me and @Mrksls2 to try and talk us through it. It was definitely user error but it was the thought that counted.

There’s so much to do at Makerspace not counting personal projects and commissions. I appreciate the help when I need it and my services are always available should you need help too. Peace

17 Likes

I’ll second this emotion. Beyond learning a ton, it was so great watching an expert work. Stick, TIG, MIG, plasma torch…Ray made it look easy. It’s not. Ray was generous with his time, knowledge, and advice. Thanks to Malcolm, Jim, and especially Ray for making this happen.

6 Likes

That’s great to hear, and I am excited to see all the newly trained members sharing what they’ve learned.

2 Likes

This is the spirit of DMS. It is what attracted so many of us to the place. One member or another helping other members learn and practice new techniques or skills. Asking a family member to help is an amazing display of what is right about DMS. I’d give this 100 stars if I could!

Even though I was not a beneficiary of such generosity I am very amazed and pleased that this happened. Thanks!

1 Like

Can be down the line, take their classes when they’re thrown up. This was a Train the Trainers event to get more teachers for the Metal Shop. Malcolm was stretched thin, and I travel for work so getting more teachers to keep people being able to use the equipment has been a priority.

2 Likes

1 Like