6502 computers & early Windows system disks - Is this appropriate?

I am in the process of clearing out what I am not using which has sat around for years so my wife does not have to deal with it as age catches up with me. There are two computer categories. These would be donations if they would be used.
I have a KIM-1 single board 6502 computer to which, back in the days of the computer Hobbyist Group North Texas, I added expansion S100 to take memory (4K?) and text video display, I also have KIM-1 documentation and a home built power supply for it. This was programmed in machine code (hand assembled) and saved to cassette tape.
I also have a Synertek SYM-1 single board 6502 computer http://oldcomputers.net/sym-1.html with some documentation, I think with the original box, with limited documentation that refers to VIM which may have been first marketing name. Connectors matched KIM-1.
and
I have old MSDOS and Windows boxes which may have disks in them (haven’t looked) plus I was stimulated to come here by finding
Windows 98 and 95 system CDs, the latter still shrink wrapped. I have started a list made from dictation which I am still cleaning up so shan’t post here.

4 Likes

@denzuko this would appear to be you who can answer.

1 Like

I would love to have those 6502 computers. What do you want for them?

Hi @Mike1942f,

The museum would be more than interested in the dos systems and copies of the data tapes. If Bill is interested in the 6502 then I’ll be more than glad to let him have them since we already have a few sinclairs and the c128 in the museum.

PM me or hit me on discord and we’ll work out the details from there.

1 Like

Sorry I am slow in responding - am not getting notification of replies.
As implied in the message I am willing to give them away but wii take some guilt relieving money if you want to make an offer. I know exactly where the KIM-1 in its wooden case with associated power supply is as I shifted it this past weekend and I located the documentation at that time. I have been looking for the SYM-1 and haven’t found it yet. Still looking.
I am located just off East Grand near White Rock Lake and have no easy way to get to MakerSpace. Call me at 214-334-6645 to work out details.

1 Like

@denzuko - I am not sure how to PM from here or what discord is. And “data tapes” reference does not seem to relate to posting. I have partly cleaned the list and will give it some attention today.

Mighty generous of you. Will you like something in trade? I have lots of Arduino stuff if you would like something a bit more, uh, modern in return.

Also, you may want to disguise your phone number as these posts are indexed by search engines. Click on that little pencil to the right and below your post to edit it.

Although your offer is tempting, about the last thing I need right now is something else to take up my time instead of sorting through and cleaning out stuff that has been around for years. Let’s just work out how to get the KIM-1 to you. I am still looking for the SYM-1.

1 Like

I can come pick them up once you have found them. Thanks again.

To PM one would be clicking on a username then click the blue message button.

As for “data tapes” I’m refurring to

This was programmed in machine code (hand assembled) and saved to cassette tape.

But in any case if one is wanting to donate any hardware, software, or print media then please swing by the vintage computer committee meeting and we’ll glad to help you out.

Any luck finding it yet?

No. I had about decided that I would assemble all the KIM-1 stuff in easy to move form and pick up the SYM documentation (which is next to the indoor KIM stuff) and any other related stiff I find, maybe stumbling across the SYM and the KIM program tapes as I do. But what with my usual Sunday chores while my wife is at her church, fatigue from yesterday, etc., I have done a bit of that. I should be able to do things tomorrow. (crossed finger emoji if there is one)