50 ton press abuse / use?

Does anyone happen to know who the unkind folks were that BENT the press plate on the 50 ton red hydraulic press in automotive? That plate is an inch thick imported steel - to bend it and not notify anyone is one thing.
The other concern is either abuse of lack of knowing how to operate the press…one I can tolerate.

The winch is damaged as well and will need to be replaced (thank you Robert for letting me know).

1 Like

Not apologizing for the individual that bent the press plate. Just wondering, was this the same plate that we were able to embed a zinc penny into when trying to smash it? Or did we replace that crap plate with another one that could actually handle pressure?

@LukeStrickland can you help Tom with some camera foo and find the perp?

I can look later. However I’m scrubbing my brain and as far as I can remember the plate has been bent for several months. I’ll see if anything stands out on video but it’ll be hard to narrow it down

2 Likes

Same plate.
The video clearly shows non bent plates on Feb 14th at 11am (the last time I have a good view of the press)the plate - the problem is - from automotive’s camera angle is blocked by the blue gantry crane at times.

The gantry is moved out of the camera’s view on Feb 16th around 6pm (Luke is working on his jeep) and the plate is bent.

1 Like