3x the Thunder! Our new lasers have arrived and are up!

MOAR lasers!! The two new Thunders have arrived, are installed, and are operational!

If you know the original Thunder, you are good to go on these. If you need training or a refresher, we have several classes Friday-Monday to get you up to speed. Just in time for Christmas!

Many great thanks to the team. @merissa @Brandon_Green @StanSimmons @pinewoodnut @heyheymama @PearceDunlap @LukeStrickland @lukeiamyourfather and everyone I forgot

18 Likes

Whoop! What are the bed sizes for the new lasers?

Working area 35.4“x23.6“/ 900 x 600mm
Table Size 39.4“x28.7“/ 1000 x 730mm

manual - http://www.thunderlaser.com/download/down/User’s_manual_for_NOVA35.pdf

brochure - http://www.thunderlaser.com/download/down/nova/Nova35_catalog.pdf

1 Like

Great! Thanks for the hard work Laser Crew!

1 Like

Thanks! that’s exactly what I needed :wink:

Thanks for the info. I see that the Laser Team already updated the Lasers page of the wiki. I added the link to the Nova35 manual.

I also added the Nova35’s to the Tools page.

7 Likes

You guys rock! All the way from ordering to setup, THANK YOU!!!

Amazing turn-around time from delivery to usable status…way impressed!!

5 Likes

Any idea if the belts were changed on the Nova 63?

1 Like

Hey guys! I came in to check out the lasers and we(Ryan and I) found the first one, Donner was not connected to the network as there wasn’t an Ethernet cable connected to it. Also we found that RDWorks was not loaded as well.

I’ve run a new cable and the printer is connected to the network and I have installed the RDWORKSv8 from our repository to the PC. I’ve also put a large note on the monitor saying the PC isn’t talking to the laser yet.

What I need help with is to update the PC with the information it needs to talk to the laser and submit jobs. As of right now there isn’t anyone here who knows this piece.

Can anyone take a look at this tonight maybe?
Troy

Not yet. Just got the new lasers installed

Please disconnect the Ethernet cable. We don’t connect to them over the network. They use an internal usb connection. They will get looked at soon. It’s probably an issue with the install on the PC.

From Brandon on discord “It’s connected via USB (the dark grey cable going through floor conduit back around co2 cylinder then up into body), it looks unconnected because we unmounted usb b connector from face so that people cant unplug it. They should remove the ethernet”

1 Like

I will pull the plug in the morning. Sorry for any issues it may cause.

I’ll still get this taken care of but it’ll be closer to noon before I get in.
Troy

@Tgilchrist Donner should be working now according to @pinewoodnut

Thank you both for the work you are doing.

1 Like