3D Printing Resource

Hey if yall are happy with what you got then so be it. All I can say is I already get plenty of people coming over from DMS and really appreciating what I have to offer and they recommended me reach out and offer my services. Yall like what you got then so be it.
Ill stand by everything I said included ABS, to me using ABS is a rare case, there are much better materials to use in each case I have ever come across some one wanting to use it.
Ill say I started with just “heres how I think you could get a better print setup for the price and why I think so”
Then yall have been the ones to put me down and try to run me out of the forum.

Enjoy your day and time at the DMS. I have said my peace.

Michael, not sure you are replying to my post which was a single sentence and a picture.

We get it that you are selling printers, services and filament. I’m sure someone will be happy to use your services.

But I think you may have gotten off on the wrong foot by implying that a $180 Chinese printer would replace a workhorse printer made locally by a company that has offered exceptional support. Many of these printers have been here for years and are massively abused by members learning how to do 3D printing. I’m still astonished how well they have held up to absent minded mistakes and accidents.

The makers of these printers have also donated hundreds of hours and parts for them. Other members have experience with practically every make/model printer made. So we are not totally lacking in experience here.

Nobody is trying to put you down or run you out. Just responding to the way you came across in text. If that seemed harsh then welcome to internet forums.

4 Likes

I can understand the kick back from thinking that a 180$ printer (lets be clear its actual 145$ in bulk only 180 retail) Could compete with the poly printers…But I would almost donate one just to prove that it could. I by no means am saying anyone specially the board or the volunteers are not lacking in experience, but I would challenge anyone who has said they have used all 3d printers. I sure havent but I dont know anyone personally that has touched more brands than me, as I made it my mission in the beginning to try as many as possible and learn the differences between them. I would love to meet anyone who has personally printed off more than 30+ different brands and hear them out/show them some of the machines I think are good if they have not seen them yet.

Id hands down put a Kingroon KP3S next the poly printer and would expect it to last as long printing and be as clean as a poly. This is just from my experience again. If i was told this 2 years ago i would blow it off too as not possible something cheaper than a creality could be better than my custom build printer I spent 1500$ on…But Here I am printing some of the cleanest FDM prints I have seen on the 2nd cheapest printer I have ever bought.(I did buy a 99$ printer that was trash a year and half ago)
As just a guy who got into 3d printing because 5 years ago when I wanted something 3d printed I was quoted 1500$ and after I learned how to 3d print I printed it for 40$.
My mindset is always bent to Best bang for the buck, This is how I came across the kingroon brand.
I honestly believe If you had a small fleet of these you would need zero support from any company, and any issues even the in the worst case, if some one can change a nozzle, they could replace anything wrong it without any support.

Probably the only thing I would change for DMS on a KP3S would be going from their stock magnetic bed to a springsteel PEI sheet. As its possible to misslevel and damage those cheaper magnetic beds. (Im still running stock beds older than 8 months without issues but I had had 1 client mess up a bed before) which is a 20$ part.

I want to make clear, Poly isnt a bad printer…I just think its overpriced. People at DMS are knowledgeable, But if they have not messed with a kingroon they dont know what their missing period.
Its the cloest to a prusa I have found and fraction of prusa cost.
The support from Poly is awesome. From my understanding people on the board are also paid by poly, so totally understand “stepping on some ones territory” and showing a printer that I think is better than a US made printer at a price no US company will ever be able to compete with. Its not something im sure anyone high up at any US company wants to be presented with.
I only thinking of end user and over all experience of the space as whole. The DMS was one of the smallest amount of printers I have seen in a shared space. Every college I have visted and even rec rooms generally has 10-30+ machines. Now if DMS doesnt have that type of demand for printers then awesome, no need to stock up on more.
My only thought was if you wanted to expand further, for the price of 1 poly pinter…you could have multiples of other brands. They sell on amazon, buy direct there. Contact them and place a order. If you dont like my tone and dont want to go through me cause some random dude who knows his way around some printers thinks yall could have more for less…then so be it. I know the kingroon is like a tesla. It polarizes people, many dont believe its possible or going catch on in the beginning. But when you get in and drive one 99% of people are sold on it. They get it. Same things happen here.
I flip a lot of people looking for a creality into these kingroons because everything you would upgrade on a ender 3 pro is already done on this printer…and it cost less.

Like i say, IDC if you buy from me. I just want to show a opportunity to snag a great printer for a price and expand what you got is all. Dont believe 180$ (130 in bulk) printer could be good or last years…Your loss not mine.

If you up to challenge Id stand by dropping off either a brand new model. or my oldest most abused one for 1-2 months for you to print its pants off and attempt to ware out/find its flaws.
Can be something as simple as shipping you a new one in the box figure it all out, or ill deliver a setup one and give the cura profile.
Anyone who has ever put together a printer or setup a cura profile could take one of these out of the box and be setup in cura and have the nozzle printing on a level bed in less than 10 mins. (if you know of any other printer that requires partail assembly that comes together that fast with quality of a prusa let me know please ill test it out )

This is exactly what we don’t trust the membership doing and why we have specific people servicing the printers.

The reliability we speak of is given the explicit abuse (not simple misuse) of the printers. They’re built like friggin tanks.
$180 won’t even cover the materials to get that kind of physical build.

Clearly you’ve done your research because the people that work at Poly haven’t been on the board in quite some time. Even then DMS pays poly, not the other way around.

3 Likes

@themitch22 I think this would be your decision to make?

3 Likes

You really, really seem to care. Maybe it’s best to just cut your losses and find someone who appreciates your product. Not a lot of sense pushing the hard sell on people who clearly don’t want it.

Edit: I find the assumption that a group of makers, where a lot of us build and tinker with printers as a hobby, haven’t used, evaluated, and dismissed the flood of cheap monoprice/ender/etc printers on the market laughable. We’ve all seen them. A lot of us own them. Some have suggested we buy them. The committee has decided against it every time.

3 Likes

I think the membership might be interested in the printers @3DPrintEverything sell, for personal use. From what I gather on Talk, there are more than a handful of members with printers at home, and who wouldn’t want a good, cheap, reliable printer?

I think the makerspace has a different set of priorities and has purchased printers accordingly.

I also think the implication that buying a bunch of new printers would somehow be “more bang for the buck” than sticking with printers already purchased (and amortized?) to be laughable.

5 Likes

Makes me want to almost consider evaluating it. Almost…

3 Likes

Howdy Michael. I live in Garland, and have an unknown clone that has some broken printed parts. I’m at least the 5th owner, and I haven’t been able to track down the original true design.

It has good muscles but not bones if you will. I would love to see the aluminum and plexi replaced by a steel frame. Happy to take this to PM, but wanted to post here. I’m willing to give you the opportunity to choose to help a DMS maker get their device going again. You don’t know me, but I have been in the DMS for “a while.” I’m willing to risk my money on you publicly because I believe most folks really are trying to be helpful.

5 Likes

If you want to donate an abused printer, please do. It would be fun to do a print quality/speed/reliability race. DM me the details. 3D fab wouldn’t buy another FDM printer at this time because covid demand hasn’t been as high.

This is the printer you are mentioning btw https://www.aliexpress.com/i/4001279175159.html cantilever printers aren’t that bad for that size 180x180 is smaller than the 229x229 of the Polyprinter, no enclosure so I wouldn’t recommend printing ABS, and I’m not a fan of a stand alone PSU.

Trust me, I’ve had a Prusa Mk2 (we did a group build at DMS), Anycubic Mega-S (free amazon review), JGAurora A5, Seemecnc Eris, Seemecnc Artemis. I’ve modified and fixed countless CR-10’s and Ender 3’s. 3D fab even had a Printrbot Simple Metal at one point, and we build a Mendel90 from scratch. They all printed great with very little tuning, but they didn’t get much use. The oldest Polyprinter is I think going on 7 years now? Sure it’s had some upgrades but it’s fundamentally the same setup. I’m not even vouching for them, We also have the Seemecnc Rostock Max V3.2 and the recently donated Flashfoge Creator Pro which any member can use if they’re willing to train others.

I appreciate the offer if you feel this passionately about this chinese printer compared to the polyprinter, we would sure like to try.

3 Likes

what about resin printers, elegoo saturn and anycubic mono x

Aren’t they on the endangered species list!? You’re a monster!! :japanese_ogre:

2 Likes