3D Printer Circle Stringing

I can’t seem to be able to print small circles with it separating along the way. Thoughts? Don’t have this issue with large circles. Interservo eSun PLA+

I’m printing this without support. There is a slight separation ring in the middle…which is basically a 90 degree overhang. If I was printing a square, it wouldn’t string out

Looks like a problem with adhesion between the layers. You could try adjusting your flow rate a little in your sliver a little at a time to see how it responds. Could also be a factor of your layer height relative to your nozzle diameter. If you have a .4 nozzle, don’t go over .3 layer height unless you increase your flow rate. It’s all about getting that “hamburger” layer shape.

One other observation, are you having any issues with bed adhesion? Your skirt layer looks like it might be just barely printing onto the bed.

What is your Z height set to?

@steve Not sure how to answer the Z Height - on my MK3, my live Z Adjust is -.825, and it auto levels the bed before every print.

@mattarmstrong I will look at flow rate. I’m printing at 0.15. I don’t have the issue in the brim unless I’m printing small circles with small, thin overhangs. When I remove the brim and use supports instead, the supports stick very, very well. I don’t have layer adhesion issues unless I’m printing small circles with an overhang.

I may just need to remix the connector rings and add a solid support that I can cleanly clip out later. If this was a square, I wouldn’t have the issue.

Wow, -.825 is on the low side. But I was thinking it being too high could cause what I’m seeing in the pics.

What temp are you running this job?

I’ve tried the rings using 215/210, 220/215 and 225/220. No difference in temps. Using supports significantly reduces the stringing, but I can’t get all of the support out of the crook of the underside channel.

Here’s a link if you want to try (maybe try the rings before printing). Rings 3 and 4 are the hardest. I’m using 100% concentric infill with reticular supports and a separation later…although I’d prefer to print it without supports. I’m ready to glue it up except for the two rings.

I’ve finished the gramophone. I want to build another one, but I’d really like to figure out my circle issues.

See attached. My circle skirts are printing perfectly, but the first layer of the first circle just doesn’t want to stick without supports…thoughts? See attached for an example.