3D Print Quality

Got a home brewed printer using an Arduino with Ramps controller and Marlin Firmware. Anyone want to suggest what’s causing this… Filament was in a seal container with desiccant just prior to use so I’m thinking moisture isn’t the issue…

Thinking that you’re going to need to provide much more details on the mechanical elements involved here to troubleshoot the issue. Whats’ the enevelope? How is X/Y/Z managed? Motors/sensors involved? How is rigidity managed? What components at the printhead?

Photos of the printer, perhaps a video of it in operation likely to go even further.

I’m at about the same spot with a printer I’m working on.

I think - but am not sure - that your temperature is too high.

Grab one of the temperature calibration towers on Thingiverse and print it. Best to use a slow print speed.

I just did that and there was a range of temperatures where the finish was much better. Other ranges looked like your result.

2 Likes

It printed a hollow cylinder.

Looks like it’s got the basics down mechanically.

My printer is a commercial model ( Airwolf3d V5.5 ) that I’ve done a controller and print bed swap on.

Pretty sure it’s mechanically reasonable.

Seeing the same spiral pattern at times though. Temperature and print speed look like my most likely candidates at present.

That looks like text book over extrusion to me.

2 Likes