3D FAB RULES...Everyone read

it seems there has been a lot pf people the last few months ignoring the rules in 3d fab, they are posted on the wall and EVERYONE needs to follow them.,

The biggest problems seems to be NO UNTENDED PRINTS and WEIGHT IT AND PAY IT.

These are very simple, do not leave Makerspace while you have a print running, if you think you are the exception or have special circumstances see the 3D fab chair or vice chair. And PAY FOR YOUR FILAMENT IF YOU USE DMS FILAMENT.

Again, all the rules are posted, please follow them or we will have to start taking steps with repeat offenders.

3 Likes

Why not hand out some committee area bans today. Right now. Doesn’t make sense to me to start taking steps later.

7 Likes

Regardless of wether or not people are really not paying for their prints (I’ve yet to see any data), posts like this are to me a horrible way to get people to cooperate. They isolate the committee and give everyone else a great reason to stay at arms length.

@lukeiamyourfather I’m sure he’d like to, but that’s not something Max can do. I’m 90% certain this was not run by the committee chair.

@maxk68 Lets put together an agenda for the next meeting (on the wiki or something like that) and discuss this. I’m sure there are ways to quantify and reduce the shrinkage we’re seeing. We can work on it as a committee and get this handled.

Nothing will be done till the next committee meeting where we will discuss what these steps should be, as for it being run by the committee chair it was, I am the acting 3d Fab chair, Mushasi Sampson is the acting vice chair.

Don’t you know that NO ONE READS at the makerspace?

1 Like

No one reads anywhere, not just Makerspace.

2 Likes

Sure, but you can at least argue against plausible deniability :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Not paying is Theft of service. We occasionally see post where someone in laser forgot to pay. But those good people admit their mistake and pay up and are appreciated. Not paying and not trying to do something about it is theft. Luke is right. A banning is an appropriate action. Just do it.
Leaving sometime running without prior approval is easy - hit the stop button and dump their project and they still owe for the filament or get banned. Enough is enough

1 Like

Just for clarification, I had the understanding that a ~15 min drive through or gas station run was acceptable. Is that correct?

1 Like

Sure, just get someone else to be responsible for the print in your absence.

1 Like

Minutes/other notes where this is asserted?

6 Likes

I’m really curious how this works, on two fronts.

1. He wasn’t vice chair for Jayson

2. Last time he told me he was chair (A week ago) I was told by Kris and Jayson in no uncertain terms that he wasn’t chair.

4 Likes

This place cracks me up so much…

Also, I am now King of DMS Makerspace. ALL HAIL!!!

5 Likes

You need to be an officer to give yourself that title …:stuck_out_tongue:

Article 3.2 Officer Titles

1. The Board of Directors may rename the position held by any officer.
  2. Officers may rename the position held for the duration of his or her tenure, unless otherwise requested by the Board of Directors.
  3. Any new title may not:
    a. Convey confusion with the responsibilities of the office; or
    b. Convey a conflict with other offices held.
1 Like

You failed to note the slightly less often quoted, but clearly more relevant, article:

Article π.IdesOf March: Beer Related Names

1. Any member whose name includes, in any form or fashion, the name of a beer, may declare any title for (s)himself as may be deemed necessary by that member to satisfy their ego.
  2. Said beer need not be necessarily palatable or drinkable in any way.

Just ask the DMS Marquis de Schlitz

7 Likes

Sometimes we all just need a little settle down brown.

1 Like

Thanks for the reminder to verify that 40ozmaltliquor.com is indeed still a thing.

3 Likes

Somehow it seems strangely fitting that Blatz would be sandwiched between
“Black Rabbit” and “Blood In Orange Out”
in @ESmith’s 40oz link.

3 Likes

Blat Beer has qualities most other beers don’t:

2 Likes

How deep are you into it this afternoon? You even misspelled your name!!!

1 Like