308 go/no go gauges

Does anyone have a set of go/no go gauges that could help me out to check the headspace on a AR-10?

Thank you.

Are the locking lugs integral to the barrel like in an AR-15?

1 Like

Yes. They are.

Ok, then I would not bother doing a head spacing check. There is no way to adjust the headspace as the spacing is forced by the bolt and the barrel as long as both are made correctly then the headspace is correct. Assuming you purchased the bolt and the barrel from reputable sources I would not bother with the headspacing check

Especially if you have fired this gun before and are just changing out the handguard or something.

1 Like

Yes, Frank, normally I would agree with you if it was a high quality .223/5.56 AR parts built of Mil-Spec data.

The problem with the AR-10 is there isn’t a standardized platform like the AR-15. There are several proprietary platforms for the AR-10, the two most common are Armalite and DPMS. The barrel I’m using is a Criterion and the bolt is LMT. It’s not uncommon for AR-10 barrels to be sold with a matching bolt, but I already had a bolt on hand, so I’d like to double check. The LMT bolt is DPMS pattern as is the Criterion barrel, so in theory they should work like you said, but I would like to double check.

1 Like

Remind me in this thread to look when I get home at about 6ish. I’ll look because I don’t remember if I have one or not.

@TBJK,

Reminder to check for the gauges, please.

Thank you!
Phil

If you want to ensure the object of your message sees it, be sure to @ them (type an @ symbol, followed by their handle, and select from the popup: @TBJK ) image

Also, responding to their post will also help ensure.
In this case, Tim might get notfied simply for a response to the thread in which he’s participating, but that depends on the setting he has applied:

Thank you for pointing that out. I sent my last message from my iPhone, darn little screen!

1 Like

I looked & could not find my gauges

2 Likes

@TBJK

Thank you for looking, very much appreciate it.

2 Likes