3 d printed primer race for RCBS press

What’s the chance we could find and print this at DMS for our press in Hatchers? I personally hate the primer cup on the press but have not the skill to find or print the fitting. I’d contribute for materials.

If you can find the model, I’ll print it in purple.

I have NO CLUE how to go about finding the model - I have done zero 3-d printing. But - just knowing it exists gives me hope we can replace that crappy tray that catches maybe 3 in 5 primers with a catch tube,

Thoughts?

I found these.

Amazon sells them for about 25$.

I will be at the space Tuesday if oneveryone of you will remind me I can find and print it.

Do we want to try this one?

Sure,
Give it a try. If that model doesn’t work then we can try the other.

I even have that color filament in my box in the break room :joy:

I was going to print it in pink lol

Does 3d fab have RCBS Green? :wink:

Good question @axeonos do you know??

WOOHOO!!! - I love it when a good thing comes together…

I have been collecting my pistol primers for a couple years now. Large pistol primers and rifle primers are actually useful as polishing media for small primer pistol brass.

Anyone have any other uses for them?

All done

1 Like

where can we get some tubing to guide it into a bucket under the bench?

and we likely need to hold a competition for ideas what to do with used primers - I’ve got about 8 LBs of them myself and have gotten away from using them as polishing media…

Depending on the diameter, you can find tubing at O’Reilly Auto.

Or an Ace Hardware is good for that.

a small tray would work as well.

Thurman wanted me to try and print this when we’re there on Wednesday. If you print one print one for Thurman @bhouse, too. I’ll still show him how to use the 3d printers (He’ll have to take the class to use them himself, but he wanted to know how they worked.)

In any case, he thought it was a good thing to try out.

1 Like

Could this be an income opportunity for Hatchers - i.e. printing this part and posting it online? We could do the same for cast rounds and possibly brass. @Nick @thatguy