3/20 Sewing with a Pattern Class Plus Mending

This Sunday I’m giving a class on sewing with a pattern (at 2pm). While you could come and observe, I’m intending to help people cut out their (purchased) pattern, then cut out their fabric (pre-washed). We’ll move on to sewing your garments as time permits. I figuring we’ll schedule time to continue, either as a group or individually.

Also, if you’ve got some mending or minor tailoring you want to do, you can come on in around 3-ish. We’ll have the machines, and I should have the class ticking along well enough so that I can help you with that aspect of sewing.

3 Likes

Well. That was a bit of a dud. I’ll do more testing of the waters for the next sewing class…

I intended to come, but I didn’t feel good. Sorry

S’alright – I only wound up with one student anyway, so you wouldn’t have been enough to make a difference.

··· On Sunday, March 20, 2016 9:40 PM, Cairenn Day wrote:

|
| | Cairenn_Day
March 21 |

|
| I intended to come, but I didn’t feel good. Sorry |

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond To stop receiving notifications for this particular topic, click here. To unsubscribe from these emails, change your user preferences

Darn it, that is a shame. And harder to round up folks for it.

Try a different time/day?

I would benefit from a class like this but have a busy schedule until the end of the month. Any chance it would repeat in April?

I think this is a needed class (especially mending) I’m sorry it wasn’t successful but I think if you tried it again people will come.

2 Likes

Yes, I am planning on running this again. Through April and May I will only have Monday evening through Thursday (all day). Terrence – any particular day/time that’s good for you? I would like to put it out for the possibility of honorarium, so I need to put it a couple of weeks out – at least the first week of May, maybe later?

I’m a retired lay-about so can make most any time. I wanted to go to Walter Anderson’s strum stick class in the first week of May but otherwise can’t think of anything that would interfere.

I’m a new member, and I’m interested.

Do you think you’ll do it the same way as last time? I don’t think I’ll be ready with a pattern by the first week of May, but I might have some tailoring.

Would you consider resewing a button on the cuff of a suit jacket to be a beginner-level repair?

Thanks,
James

I’ll be pretty flexible about what we do. Button sewing is definitely beginner-level.

Yes, I am planning on running this again. Through April and May I will only have Monday evening through Thursday (all day). Terrence – any particular day/time that’s good for you? I would like to put it out for the possibility of honorarium, so I need to put it a couple of weeks out – at least the first week of May, maybe later?

Did this get scheduled?

Not yet – so… Thursday night in 2 weeks. I’ll do that now.

1 Like