2021 Ceramics Committee Meeting Agendas

I really like having a display area and was sad that we needed to remove the old one when we were strapped for work space. I would recommend asking that contact info be attached to each piece so when it is time to cycle/move/adjust, it is super easy to return items. (That was difficult last time.)

Also, one of the things I liked about the prior display was that there was a range of items, not just glorious and difficult pieces, but nice beginner pots as well. It provided a bit of realism for new folks. That exquisite 3ft thrown vase is totally achievable, but you are more than likely going to be starting with a three inch one. :slight_smile: Having a variety of work is inspirational.

Edit: I quite like it being reflective of the classes being taught rather than just a catch-all of cool pots, as well.

4 Likes

instead of doing aluminum bats could we just have woodshop cut out some masonite bats? It can be done either on CNC or using circular saw/jigsaw I believe. I bought some masonite bats from trinity for a few bucks but was told that itā€™s super easy and much cheaper to just make my own

3 Likes

I donā€™t even know how aluminum bats would make sense at all? That sounds extremely sticky as it is not porous at all?

3 Likes

2 things I would like to add to agenda

Since people are using ā€œabandonedā€ newspaper and plastic can we officially bring both bins back?

Can we change the cleaning day? I would like to help, but it is Super Bowl.

3 Likes

We will add the materials donation bins back to agenda :slight_smile:
andā€¦ thoughts on moving deep clean to earlier on Sunday?

It would have to be before your class on that sunday. Or we just move it to this sunday?

1 Like

We have the kiln team meeting this Sunday at 5pm. We could push the deep clean to Feb. 7th?

Silly gooseā€¦that is the same date as it is right now :upside_down_face:

Will reschedule it for one of the other sundays

oh gosh oopsā€¦ the next sunday?

I just cancelled and rescheduled for Feb 14. Gosh Darn It!!! That is valentines day :weary: Cancelling that one now

Welpā€¦we skip February because at that time on February 21 there is a class. After that, it then puts us to close to the march clean up.

3 Likes

Ceramics Committee Meeting 20210202 - Dallas Makerspace

Ceramic Meeting Minutes have now been posted for all to read :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Did you put in the minutes how people who didnā€™t show up in person missed out on some amazing lemon poppyseed scones? :wink:

Still waiting for that PM too! :drooling_face:

3 Likes

They were amazing! Thanks for bringing the scones @coffeebean

3 Likes

All, Please fill out this survey with the proposed t-shirt slogans. It takes less than two minutes. Iā€™ll pull the results next Friday.

2 Likes

Those are all REALLY good slogans :joy:

1 Like

Aprilā€™s scones were indeed delicious!!!

1 Like