2 sided interfacing problem

I’m hoping someone can offer some advice. I’m using Pellon 985F 2 sided fusible fleece in between a layer of cotton and a layer of fleece. It seems to be sticking to the cotton pretty well, but the fleece is giving me nightmares. I’m worried about scorching the outer fleece, but even 15 seconds on the cotton setting on my iron doesn’t seem to create a good bond.

I’m thinking about trying the heat press but I’m not sure what temperature, pressure, and time to use. I have a little bit of the interfacing scrap I could test a few settings with, but not a lot.

The instructions that came with the interfacing are very unhelpful. They just say to sandwich the interfacing between two pieces of fabric, press for 10 seconds, flip, press for another 10 seconds. That didn’t really do the trick :frowning:

Are you using steam? Plenty of steam?

EDIT: Do you have a needle press board?

I was following these instructions, they didn’t mention anything about steam at all. Should I be using steam? I guess I figured if steam was needed they would have included that in the instructions.

I had to google was a need press board was, safe to say no I don’t

I have always used steam with fusible interfacing. It basicaly doesn’t work without steam. I don’t recall if I used it with fusible fleece but it’s highly likely that I did.

The needle press board is only to prevent smashing the nap on the fleece. It won’t help with fusing it.

Ah, I guess I’ll try with steam then, never used a fusible before so it didn’t occur to me. I have been using a white towel underneath my fabric when pressing. The fleece is the ‘bottom’ of the project so it’s not a huge deal if it it’s all fluffy, just so long as it isn’t burnt :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Is that a Tripoli board?

Royal rummy

Ahhh…interesting! ty