150 year old oak

Hey everyone, I had to cut down an old oak from my property. I was told by a few tree guys that its probably about 150 years old. It would be great for some projects or really good firewood. Just need help finding all of it a home! Please help before the city gets upset

Got some pics?

also location?

If it is a large tree @Lloyd_Plum might be interested in milling it. The trunk especially would be useful for him to mill.

But I too am interested in location and pictures.

So I do have pictures, but can’t figure out how to send them. I’m in Irving near 183 and oconnor. I’m out of town through Monday but once I’m back it would be great to get this done

Just figured it out
For reference, that’s a sthl 440 with a 32inch bar sitting on the stump

3 Likes

I’m pretty much out the rest of this week until Monday however though, I would like a couple of 2 inch thick slices off of the trunk if that would be possible.
Possibly a few other slices if there’s any areas that are approximately 18 to 24 inches in diameter.

At some point, I would like to see if I can come out there and try cutting a few slabs with some of the larger chunks. I only have a 16 inch blade, so I can’t find it before with the phone, but I can probably do it on a 20-in piece. And also if you biscuits would be nice to try and get

This is exactly the kind of tree I think @Lloyd_Plum might mill. It would require a wench and a big trailer to remove some of the larger pieces. I visited Lloyd’s mill and he has milled some very larger trees before.

I don’t know if Oak interests him like some other woods, however.

I would not mind some of the smaller crappier branches for firewood. I am also interested in one of the slabs if we do end up getting it milled.

Thanks

that big bump at the top left of the main trunk looks like a burl. I’d cut that off and hang on to it.

1 Like