15 minute volunteer: Make Vinyl signage for the Portacool Fan

The large portacool fan, and it’s cover, need something identifying it as belonging to the makerspace since it keeps being placed in the vicinity of the freebie shelf.

Something with the DMS logo on its side would be even better since it’s taken outside for some of the events we’ve had.

at a minimum should have on each side
“DMS Property”
“Logistics Group”

I’d say lettering at least 1 inch tall.

Once done on the vinyl cutter let me know the total used and I’ll cover it.

Cheers,
-Jim

:warning: **NOTE**: This category is **NOT** for discussion threads. Any "discussion" will be split out by one of the TALK Moderators to create a separate "discussion thread".
2 Likes

I can do that…if I knew what it was. Will be up there tomorrow afternoon. Also on the doors to metal shop, on the right door, which is always left open, nobody can read the sign. Can I make one for the left side?

2 Likes

Go for it.

The portacool is the big, black box fan that’s commonly seen in automotive to keep air moving that that door being left open a lot. Has Portacool on it in big letters. Sometimes it’s under it’s black cover.

Additionally, a label indicating not to run the pump would be nice.

1 Like

Looks something like this:

1 Like

Delayed: because i could not get the titan to cut. So I finally got it cut on silhouette. But couldnt finished weeding it. Coming back tonight to finish up. I did attempt one and tried placing the words on the protocol, but they would not stick. Coming back with a cleaning bottle as well

How about some blue painters tape and a sharpie?

“Laugh at perfection. It’s boring and keeps you from being done” - the Done Manifesto rule #9

1 Like

Have tried with two different vinyl. It will not stick! I did put the blue tape just for now. I have acrylic paint markers, would that work?

1 Like

:+1:
TIL…
http://www.manifestoproject.it/bre-pettis-and-kio-stark/

Whatever we can make work.

1 Like