14" Pinebook 64 open source laptop $129

I ordered a 14" Pinebook laptop and when it arrived I realized I really don’t need a 4th laptop. If you purchase one of these things from pine64.org it’ll take two or more months to arrive. I’m looking to get what I bought it for which is $99 + $30 shipping = $129. Bonus is that you wouldn’t have to wait very long to get your hands on it :slight_smile:

It’s based on the Pine 64 board which is an open source single board computer running a Quad-Core ARM Cortex A53 64-Bit Processor. I got the basic version which is 2 gb RAM and 16 gb eMMC for the operating system (currently running Ubuntu Mate). Since it’s open source the eMMC is replaceable up to 64 gb.

Here are the full specs:
https://www.pine64.org/?page_id=3707

Let me know if you’re interested. Thanks!

No interest in an open source laptop here at DIY heaven? I guess it’s going on eBay…

I can’t speak for everyone else, but I already have a housefull of laptops running everything from Linux to Windoze. I think it is cool product, but I just don’t have a need for another laptop, no matter how cool the opensource hardware is. Best of luck selling it though. Thanks for offering it to your fellow makers.

1 Like

LOL and that’s the same reason I’m selling it…simply don’t need another laptop, as cool as it is…

Then why did you get one?

1 Like

So I could sell it and lose money :slight_smile:
I’m into anti-investments

2 Likes

Electronics depreciates in value faster than automobiles, unless of course it is an Apple I. In general, when I was a CIO I planned for equipment depreciation to salvage value in 36 months. If you get any more life than that out of it you should consider it a bonus.

Electronics and investment should not be used in the same breath as investments unless you are talking about investing in a solid electronics company and even then it may be risky.

I don’t think kobin was being serious.