10X10 Show! Open to EVERYONE! 100 Maker challenge for the September open house

10X10 show info
Heres an example for the non-visual people in the group:
Objective:
The creative arts at DMS would like to invite you to transform this piece of (provided after Sunday) wood (measuring 10inches by 10inches) into something unique that represents you as a maker, you as an artist or something completely out of left field. For the September 12th open house I’m challenging DMS to have 100 makers represented to show individuals the variety of experience, style, techniques, and interests we have up at this space. Please understand if you are taking this you are expected to complete it.

Details:
Drop-off finished work Sept 4-7th in the creative arts room
Make sure to fill out the name, title, media section and keep it attached to the back
Go online to http://goo.gl/forms/65U9kslgxA to fill out your label
If you would like text reminders of dates and times text @tenb to 81010
Help hand the work Sept 9th-10th 5p-?
Opening party (it’s a pot luck) will be Sept 12th 7p
Show will hang till Oct 31st
Take down artwork or collect from the art room before Nov 8th
After Nov 8th work left will be considered donations to the space.

Rules:
Finished weight must be under 6lbs or we will ask you to provide special hanging materials for your piece
If your piece requires special hanging requirements or is unusually delicate you are asked to show at hanging (Sept 9 5p) to put the piece up yourself
If the finished piece is to hang off the wall it must not extend more then 8 inches
Totally open media, totally open technique: It’s completely open
No offensive content, words or suggestive imagery
Get crazy with it.

Creative Arts would like to ask for a small donation of $1-5 to cover the cost of the wood, hanging materials and posters. It’s completely optional

2 Likes

Personally the example is good but I hope we get a bit crazier with it. I can imagine all sorts of things people will attempt. The work NEED NOT be flat at all. This is not a painting challenge, it’s not an anything challenge it’s a way to demonstrate how/who we are. Ps I would like to thank @macapaka for the poster design

2 Likes

Aww… Should allow 10" extension from the wall… :wink:

Dammit Paul! We’re trying keep things squaaaaared away, and you come in here with that cubical thinking… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m definitely in on this one.

Now I need to figure out where to get termites…

I’ll be up at the space around 4 if you want to pick up your boards. I’m excited you are excited. I have 18 participants already!

I got a 404 when I tried clicking in the entry form.

Ok I will double check what’s going on thanks.

I got the same 404 still when going to http://goo.gl/forms/65U9kslgxA

Darn it try the non-shortened https://docs.google.com/forms/d/11O6ytAuLl1dJvSKZ0hG4s3WtfI908lPE3-swi5pH6jM/viewform?usp=send_form

Conflicting statement. Does not compute

2 Likes

Get as crazy as you can without showing penises and vaginas in non-public viewing way or having the word "uck you dripping blood down the wall…you know…kittens with bows and tea parties…what you like.

1 Like

@uglyknees That is such a Victorian set of rules! :smile:

1 Like

Most of the pieces have been taken down. Where can we pick them up?

In the creative arts room on the shelf in the middle of the room.

Thanks. I peeked in there, but did not spot them because they were stacked up so neatly and compactly.

That was how we hid them … the lack of chaos confuses people.

1 Like